OP
Blue Lip

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5087.JPG
A few more latz hatches but no luck. Then I finally had 1 and only one make it through metamorphosis. Had another hatch last week and have a few still alive.

JJ Ocean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5087.JPG
A few more latz hatches but no luck. Then I finally had 1 and only one make it through metamorphosis. Had another hatch last week and have a few still alive.

Those 2 look great .. full bar as best I can tell from the pic. Very nice - great to see. Congrats!

OP
OP
Blue Lip

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from work yesterday and noticed a new clutch of eggs. Still have a few from last hatch but they have not gone through metamorphosis yet.

OP
OP
Blue Lip

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work. How are the latz doing?
Basically I believe I have 1 clown that is perfect this year. I have 1 from a hatch behind that and it is full bar but always swims hard. I believe it has air bladder issues. I had 4 others a few hatched later and only 1 didn’t have air bladder issues but it is a misbar.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Blue Lip, please keep me in mind when you have Latz available for shipping. I recently got a pair from DD, but the smaller one was nearly DOA. I'd like to get a juv/small male in a few months to pair it up again. I'm fine with misbar so long as the body structure is good. :)

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is DD. Not to many places sell latz clowns.
Divers Den. They also have some listed on LiveAquaria. I just ordered another from there and hope to have it in QT tomorrow. They sure are beautiful, and the one I currently have seems very interested in people. It comes right up to the glass when I approach the tank.

You mentioned earlier that the young clowns kill each other off. Have you found a way to segregate them? Maybe acrylic dividers with lots of slots to allow for water exchange while preventing contact between fish? I'd like to pick your brain and give breeding a shot once mine begin spawning.

OP
OP
Blue Lip

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B438937A-5E98-4E1E-9F75-22C8B2FA3093.jpeg
Had a pretty good hatch yesterday. I think I have been using to much light. Did some experimenting with the last hatch and lights. A tank that was loaded with babies dwindled down to 2. Another tank that had only room light still has quite a few. Not going to add light to yesterday’s hatch & see how they do.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I remember from when I used to raise clowns that if the light is too bright the try to get away and kill themselves bouncing off the bottom.

OP
OP
Blue Lip

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6DA90FB4-D61E-4086-A80C-01CEAB82A91F.jpeg
Still at it....and having my ups and downs. Had a tank that had a lot of full bar latz clownfish. Lots of battles in the corners of the tank. Came home from work to see the rigid air tube came free and everything in that tank was dead. I have a batch that are going through metamorphosis now. I see multiple full bar clowns! The battles have begun. I placed a bunch of pvc fittings in the tank. I see some clowns not trying to group to fight. Others still want to fight. I can chase them away from each other and move the fittings around but the fighters go around and regroup to fight.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back