OP
OP
Blue Lip

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you find that they start killing each other one by one?
This is many batches. Latz are aggressive and they try to start killing each other as soon as they go through metamorphosis. I had combined the oldest batches and for a while the aggressive behavior stopped. Eventually a pecking order started and aggressive behavior. I combined more hatches and there is a large variety of ages. I don’t see 2 fighting it out like b4 because of the large amount of clowns.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you at all treating/quarantining the babies at any point?

Good work.

OP
OP
Blue Lip

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you at all treating/quarantining the babies at any point?

Good work.
From the time they hatched for many months they were in 10 gallon tanks. I moved the them into my 240. I actually could use a clean up crew but wold have to set up a QT tank for even snails. I have ich free tanks and that is so much better than ich management. At one point my fish went through a copper QT. I don’t see a need to treat the clowns I hatched with anything.
Although my latz still lay eggs, last December was the last batch I hatched.

Last edited:

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
very nice.

Now I want to get a pair of latz. Kind of always wanted a pair but they were not cheap or easy to attain.

OP
OP
Blue Lip

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice.

Now I want to get a pair of latz. Kind of always wanted a pair but they were not cheap or easy to attain.
They used to be hard to find in stock anywhere and they came with a high price. LiveAquaria has had some listed $199.99 for a while. I just checked and they have some on sale for $119.99.

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super cool so if u don't mind me asking do u sell then to lfs. Or online and how much would you charge for them? Jw if it all pays off in the end sure alot and alot of work go in to keeping them. Great job wish I had the time money and know how to do something like thay

OP
OP
Blue Lip

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super cool so if u don't mind me asking do u sell then to lfs. Or online and how much would you charge for them? Jw if it all pays off in the end sure alot and alot of work go in to keeping them. Great job wish I had the time money and know how to do something like thay
I have sold only a couple to LFS. In the end it would have been better to raise more percula x black ocellaris and sell them for $10 as I can sell them all to LFS. I stopped hatching last December. I have offered full bar locally for $75 each but sold none. I have shipped 2 full bar latz to a few people for $300 a few years ago. It cost around $100 to ship using Ship Your Aquatics. A LFS recently told me he would hook me up with his shipping connections to get a better rate. I’m slammed with work this time of year and don’t have the time to take off work to ship though.

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have some? Very interested in getting a pair or 2.
I had a pair of Karen's. One jumped out and the other got killed in a power-outage.
I would want a wild pair if possible but they are rather hard to find - and have become quite pricey...

Largeangels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of Karen's also. There was a catastrophic hot water heater failure/flooding in my basement that took some fish out.

Years back I had quite a few wild pairs but eventually they all went blind, while no other clowns did. There was another person on the other site, ecotropic, I believe who also went through those issues for what ever reason. Never determined why. Kept some in low temp, different systems, etc. Don't want to detract too much from OP's original post.

But I am very interested in getting some tank raised.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back