Lawnmower Blenny Nipping at my Clams

Urchinsmurchin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any experience with lawnmower blennies nipping at clams? I recently upgraded to a 120 that came with a lawnmower blenny. I already had two Crocea (i think) Clams in my 75. Needless to say the whole reason for buying the 120 was to move my corals and fish to it and leave my 75 as a fish only tank. I took all the other fish that came with the 120 and swapped them with the guys in the 75 with the exception of the lawnmower blenny because I thought he would be ok with the corals and things. Well I have caught nipping at one of the clams numerous times. At first it was just the clams foot so I sort of burried it in the sand but now he seems to watch the clam almost cat like and as soon as the clam starts to open he attacks and nips at it then runs away. It has gotten to the point that the clam is no longer opening. I thought that maybe if I moved the clam to the other side of the tank near the other one that the LMB doesnt mess with maybe he would leave it alone but no such luck. Any suggestyions are greatly apprecaited I dont want him to kill my clam and I don't know how to catch him without destroying my reef again. Please help!!

BHAMR6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lawn mower blenny that would not quit messing with the mantle of my clam it got so bad the clam wouldnt open and then later died!!!!!!!

I found out later if you will keep nori in the tank to keep the lmb happy he might not mess w/th the clam

I

inactive

View Badges
My lawnmower wrecks havoc in my tank. Flipping frags/discs, nipping everything but algae. He does not nip on purpose... little fer eats everything prepared from PE to pellets. *shrug*

Back