Lawnmower blenny wont eat hair algae?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had one blenny that did several years ago but going through many more that never panned out I believe now the first one was coincidence. Definitely had a black sailfin that ate the skin off acro though. He was banished to my sump several years ago and I still see him time to time.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I thought I had one blenny that did several years ago but going through many more that never panned out I believe now the first one was coincidence. Definitely had a black sailfin that ate the skin off acro though. He was banished to my sump several years ago and I still see him time to time.
They'll eat hair until it thickens and they pull off in most cases

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had total luck with vibrant. Must apply at night and Not full recommended dosage.
Additional, lawnmower blenny will rarely eat this type of algae. An urchin may be a good bet.
Not sure if you read the OP or any other posts. The OP said he was using vibrant. Urchins have also been mentioned.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface definitely cleaned up the hair algae in my big tank. He ate a back glass that was 1" deep in gha in a week

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gotta realize GHA is like Kevlar.... super tough for any fish to eat bc when they nip at it they dont have the teeth to shred it off the LR. Only bristletooth tangs or a Foxface have that ability

For most fish GHA is like us humans trying to eat the end of a nylon broom.... it would just thru our teeth leaving nothing in our mouth.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not sure if you read the OP or any other posts. The OP said he was using vibrant. Urchins have also been mentioned.
Yes... confirming those were his best bets for battle.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back