Layer forming over paly/zoa

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the layer forming in the rear right of the colony? It appears to be taking over

IMG_20191012_111116.jpg

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears to be a bacterial mat. Remove the rock the are attached to an see if you smell a rotten ege smell. If so that section is dead and decaying. Rinse off the dead areas into a bucket of water from the tank and dispose of it. Keep an eye on the zoas for further decay and death. Try to remove all the decayed material to save the rest of the colony.

If the colony is still okay you might increase the flow around the colony to allow for waste from the colony to be carried away.

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears to be a bacterial mat. Remove the rock the are attached to an see if you smell a rotten ege smell. If so that section is dead and decaying. Rinse off the dead areas into a bucket of water from the tank and dispose of it. Keep an eye on the zoas for further decay and death. Try to remove all the decayed material to save the rest of the colony.

If the colony is still okay you might increase the flow around the colony to allow for waste from the colony to be carried away.
To the best of my knowledge it didn't smell bad , i have moved it to higher flow

IMG_20191013_194142.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back