OP
OP
MichaelClark55

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All done except with building the shadow box doors and coming to a final decision on the canopy. Right now I don't like the look of the canopy but I will wait until I get the doors built before deciding. The vertical board in the middle on top of the tank is a temporary support. The middle light is a couple of inches higher so you can't see it in the pic. (will lower it back down level with the others if I keep the canopy) Nothing is painted. It will be all white and have a pediment over it as the cased opening next to it.
march 18.jpg

The wiring for the power for the lights will have to be covered by some wire covers and some extensions added so I don't need the powerstrip hanging on the wall. All the electrical connections are on the right side of the stand and will have an access door to conceal all of it. I'm thinking of splicing the power cords. I don't want to use extensions or strips at all.

I am very pleased with how well the system is dialed in. I made so much salt water I exhausted the filters on the RODI so had to wait a couple of days for the new ones to come in. Got the ATO filled with clean water and it worked flawlessly as before. Dialed in the skimmer and had crystal clear water with 24 hours.

Picked up a few pieces of dry rock from the LFS and have them soaking in some RODI for a couple of weeks.

Still trying to dial in the flow a bit. With 2 SW8 and 2 SW4 they have to be turned way down not to blow the Euphelia away but strong enough for the SPS. Need more coral for sure. Hint hint.....@AllSignsPointToFish.

Working on getting a super male Melanurus from the LFS. Also looking into a Richmond Wrasse and maybe another Flasher Wrasse. Going to add 1 fish per month so not to overwhelm the bioload.

Refugium is doing well, however, I do want to get some fresh C. Proliferia as soon as the divers get some new ones in. Also going to get more gold and purple gorgonian as well as some red soon as soon as the Gulf Coast Eco has them back in stock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MichaelClark55

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to add about 5' on to the length of the lights power cords so they will terminate into the power center area. powercords.jpg wiring center.jpg

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to dial in the flow a bit. With 2 SW8 and 2 SW4 they have to be turned way down not to blow the Euphelia away but strong enough for the SPS. Need more coral for sure. Hint hint.....@AllSignsPointToFish.
LOL. No pressure at all!
I'll have your grape Monti frag this weekend. I was actually planning the frag yesterday when I was looking at the mother colony.

Do you want it mounted on a 1" plug, a 1 1/2" disk, or a 3" disk? Or would you like it loose?

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you also wanting a frag of the Montipora digitata? I would be willing to pull the smaller of the two plugs I have in my tank if you're interested. Looks very similar to this:
iu

The small BOP birdsnest has new buds on the tip, so it's doing well also :) I could also probably scare up a frag of a red Montipora capricornis, if interested.

OP
OP
MichaelClark55

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you got I will take. As far as mounting the monti I would say the smallest thing you have. It's going on an irregular shape rock. I trust your judgment whatever you think.

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you got I will take. As far as mounting the monti I would say the smallest thing you have. It's going on an irregular shape rock. I trust your judgment whatever you think.
This is what I've got so far.
Montipora digitata (I think):
IMG_20190318_190037.jpg
Grape Montipora:
IMG_20190318_191020.jpg
Red Montipora capricornis:
IMG_20190318_191558.jpg
Here is the little BOP frag that could:
IMG_20190318_190122.jpg
And the Timex acropora ;)
IMG_20190307_174710.jpg

OP
OP
MichaelClark55

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry the pics are so crappy with my phone :/
Ill take them. You got pic of the hammer?
I imagine my yellow wrasse would love those snails. You should see what he did to a sea urchin. I removed a big one from one of my hammers then super glued over the spot.
I do have a nice branching hammer frag, but it's got vermetid snails on it .

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill take them. You got pic of the hammer?
I imagine my yellow wrasse would love those snails. You should see what he did to a sea urchin. I removed a big one from one of my hammers then super glued over the spot.
Yeah, let me move it to a place where I can photograph it separately.

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the hammer frag. It's a little PO'd from me moving it. It actually has six polyps even though only 4 are visible in this pic IMG_20190318_202112.jpg
Looks like a vermetid pipe organ! LOL

Here is the mother colony:
IMG_20190318_202123.jpg

OP
OP
MichaelClark55

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah Ill take that too. that snail will pop right off
what my total so far got to start counting my quarters lol

OP
OP
MichaelClark55

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah Ill take that too. that snail will pop right off
what my total so far got to start counting my quarters lol
what do you for your euphila as far as flow before mine liked it slow but with the 4 ph I can't turn them down low enough I got them all in the center of tank hoping that would be the weakest flow I have 4 different hammers they're all open but about 1/2 the size they were

OP
OP
MichaelClark55

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on tank build. Took that bulky looking light valence down. I will build another one that will be 8-10" high. That last one was 18"h.

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you for your euphila as far as flow before mine liked it slow but with the 4 ph I can't turn them down low enough I got them all in the center of tank hoping that would be the weakest flow I have 4 different hammers they're all open but about 1/2 the size they were
I wedge them down in between rocks or place them directly under powerheads. They really like uplifting flow.

OP
OP
MichaelClark55

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took one month to go from this leaky contraption 0103191321.jpg
To this 125g reef with 55g sump/refugium. Just finished the paint job. The best part of this build.......I'm finished! march 27 front view.jpg
dining room view.jpg march 27 side view.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MichaelClark55

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump and electrical cabinet which is on the right side of the stand. All the wiring in the sump area is inside wire looms to protect it.
All the wiring terminates in the electrical cabinet where it is powered by 2 dedicated 20amp GFIC. Last thing I need to do is hook up the 4 head dosing pump and figure out which of Randy's recipe's I'm going to follow.

sump.jpg

electrical cabinet.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back