Leaky plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter dR3ws3r
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dR3ws3r

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2023
Messages
130
Reaction score
71
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my AF tank set up for about 2 years or so now. This morning when I was in the sump area looking at the skimmer, I noticed that a connector from pump discharge side that connects to the check valve (going up into the tank) was leaking. Probably lost several gallons of water. Do people ever see leaks in plumbing evolve over time. Just tightening the fitting didn't seem to help either. I had to take everything apart and reconnect everything. Perhaps part of the issue is doing this as a custom install to have a manifold.

But this was a major issue. I have some water in the basement and I hate to think there is water damage to the floor that supports a large aquarium (155+ galllons).
 
I have had my AF tank set up for about 2 years or so now. This morning when I was in the sump area looking at the skimmer, I noticed that a connector from pump discharge side that connects to the check valve (going up into the tank) was leaking. Probably lost several gallons of water. Do people ever see leaks in plumbing evolve over time. Just tightening the fitting didn't seem to help either. I had to take everything apart and reconnect everything. Perhaps part of the issue is doing this as a custom install to have a manifold.

But this was a major issue. I have some water in the basement and I hate to think there is water damage to the floor that supports a large aquarium (155+ galllons).
Is there stress on the connection ? Maybe try to put some support on it , or possibly was not connected properly from day one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new