Learn from my mistakes

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mccosker wrasse didn't show up for breakfast this morning. I found him on the floor behind the tank. Just a reminder to everyone that's why you put covers over your tank . My tank has LEDs which sit about a foot above the water. There a 5 inch gap in the canopy and he found it. So don't be a knucklehead like me and leave that uncovered. My next question would be are any vendors bringing fish to fragtoberfest? I've been thinking about getting a tank bred canary blenny and neon dottyback from sustainable Aquatics. When one door closes another door opens

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. It's a lesson many of us learn the hard way. I know Kenny @Pieces of the Ocean always brings a killer selection of fish if you want to reach out to him in advance of Fragtoberfest. Also, I have extra 1/4" mesh if you want to use to cover your tank or build something DIY. Let me know if you want it, it's yours.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike I appreciate it. It's one of those things I've been putting it off because I'm planning on going to a bigger tank that just hasn't happened yet. I'll probably take you up on that netting just not a hundred percent sure I'm going to be able to make fragtobfest.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can make it to Fragtoberfest, let me know and I'll bring the mesh with me. If not, we'll figure something else out.

Last edited:

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just lost my mccoskers that way as well. Had him maybe a year. And the tank was in wall covered all the way around. He found the 1/4 inch gap where the flap opens to access the tank.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a tough one. it's a really big change in my tank without all that movement from the wrasse. Everything seems so static now

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow Cori found a 1/4" gap as well. Searched for days after he came up awol and found him freeze dried after I took down my frag tank:mad:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back