Leather coral decaying

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I recently purchased a toadstool about two weeks ago. The coral was badly cut at the base and a third of the top disk. The base healed amazing and completely healed. However a third of the top is turning dark, tissure decaying and falling apart.

I was wondering whether cuting through dying part would stop the drcay as I really want to save this coral because it's a relatively large Coral.
 
I would say that it is worth a try. Cutting it would be just like your were cutting a frag off.
Update, after a night the rotting part that was cut off still has parts decaying but polyps are now opening. The main colony whilst is not decaying is not opening. I think it might be developing a slime coating
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new