Leather coral lighting requirement

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the minimum amount of light I can get by with on a leather coral. I have some chemical warfare going down and none of my softies are happy so I was going to move a couple to a different tank.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried running carbon?

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience running carbon 24/7 has not impacted anything negatively. Running it would eliminate the negative impacts of chemical warefare.

I know that doesn’t answer your original question, but is an alternative solution.

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience running carbon 24/7 has not impacted anything negatively. Running it would eliminate the negative impacts of chemical warefare.

I know that doesn’t answer your original question, but is an alternative solution.
How are you using it? Reactor?

Does it have any affect on nutrients?

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you using it? Reactor?

Does it have any affect on nutrients?

I do not use a reactor. I use Rox .8 carbon in a mesh bag. I use 1/2 the recommended amount and change it out weekly. There is some debate on what all carbon does, but there is little debate that it helps remove toxins that color water, certain heavy metals, certain medications and the chemicals released by corals.

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not use a reactor. I use Rox .8 carbon in a mesh bag. I use 1/2 the recommended amount and change it out weekly. There is some debate on what all carbon does, but there is little debate that it helps remove toxins that color water, certain heavy metals, certain medications and the chemicals released by corals.
I'm going to submerge a bag in my sump and let it do its thing. May throw some gfo in there. I've been trying the all natural method but not having much luck.

Shabalaba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way back in the day I had a pretty nice softy tank with things like devils hand leathers, cabbage leathers, mushrooms and xenias that were under 2 T8/12 fluorescent tubes.....oh how things have changed haha

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back