LED for 30g cube

LaxFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have an innovative marine micro 30 gallon tank that I’m going to set up. Mixed reef, a nice aquascape sand it’s going to be a grow out tank just to enjoy. I’m looking into lights and so far I’m thinking about the hydra 32? Is this a good option?
Tank dimensions are 20 by 14 (excluding sump area) by 19. The tank came with a kessil a150w ocean blue light. It needs the controller but is that a good option as well? What is the best light for a budget of around $300? Thanks.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Kessil you have would be adequate for most softies, LPS, and some SPS. If you want more light, you’re going to need to go with a light that has two ‘pucks’ like the hydra 32. For under 300, I would recommend the nooosyche V3 140w. I have a 28g cube, and was running an AI Prime, I was satisfied with it but was asked to test out the Noopsyche, and I am thoroughly impressed with it. It’s got power and the spectrum is excellent, I would compare it to the gen 4 Radion XR30 in terms of spread, spectrum, and penetration. The only downside is the controller, it’s pretty archaic, unintuitive, and barebones, you can set the intensities and schedule, but that’s about it. Otherwise, it’s an excellent light.

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have an innovative marine micro 30 gallon tank that I’m going to set up. Mixed reef, a nice aquascape sand it’s going to be a grow out tank just to enjoy. I’m looking into lights and so far I’m thinking about the hydra 32? Is this a good option?
Tank dimensions are 20 by 14 (excluding sump area) by 19. The tank came with a kessil a150w ocean blue light. It needs the controller but is that a good option as well? What is the best light for a budget of around $300? Thanks.
I really like my hydra 32s. After switching over, I used the acclimation option for two weeks with the David Saxby schedule, and have seen both improved color and healthier LPS polyps. My montis have better color pop and growth and my acros are already starting to respond and it’s been a month.

OP
OP
LaxFrags

LaxFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it for free. Says “innovative marine micro 30” on the side

Attachments

• A5116F8F-3DBD-40BA-979B-64E91262C591.jpeg
    A5116F8F-3DBD-40BA-979B-64E91262C591.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
LaxFrags

LaxFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my hydra 32s. After switching over, I used the acclimation option for two weeks with the David Saxby schedule, and have seen both improved color and healthier LPS polyps. My montis have better color pop and growth and my acros are already starting to respond and it’s been a month.

How big is your tank? Will one be enough for a 30 gallon tank?

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biocube 32 and I run this light on it...

It is a great light for a tank your size. Fully programable, although it does not come with a fancy controller. All functions are directly off the light itself. (there is a small remote control unit included). Good intensity, good spectrum, ramp-up/down for sun phase. And budget friendly.

OP
OP
LaxFrags

LaxFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the upside of a Hydra 32 over the Kessil A360we Tuna Blue? And vise versa? Overall, which one will grow coral better and brighter in my 30 gallon cube?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the existing light. It will be fine for softies and LPS.

If you want to upgrade I use a AI Hydra 32, but I would not recommend a new one as they have not delivered on promised WiFi integration, so you can only use Bluetooth. Useless company with useless support.

Regards
Graham.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back