LED Lighting Upgrades for 90 Gallon Reef

Joey.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I plan on upgrading the lighting on my 90 gallon reef soon. It’s 48” long and 24” high. I only have and plan on keeping mostly softies and some LPS, and maybe a squamosa. I just want to make sure there’s enough light penetration since it is a deeper tank, but also give my tank better growth than I get now.

Thanks so much as always everyone and have a good one.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you thinking leds? How much do you want to spend?

OP
OP
J

Joey.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you thinking leds? How much do you want to spend?
I just love LED’s because of how customizable they are. But I know they’re the most expensive ones up there. If there’s one LED fixture available that would suit the 90 then I would probably spent around $1000 max. Other than that I’d probably go for 2 fixtures side by side maybe a few hundred each.

OP
OP
J

Joey.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a ton of options out there but this is what I use. You won't be disappointed.

If you really want to break the bank then two of these would be incredible

Oh yes I have read about the Phonton V2’s. That’s the type of LED’s I like personally. One long fixture rather than 2-3 smaller ones like AI primes or something.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes I have read about the Phonton V2’s. That’s the type of LED’s I like personally. One long fixture rather than 2-3 smaller ones like AI primes or something.
Yep I totally agree. I'm not sure why everybody wants a bunch of lights when one long one looks so much better (to me anyways)

Heres another option. I haven't used the newer sb reef lights but they have always been a solid company and I have heard good things about these

OP
OP
J

Joey.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I totally agree. I'm not sure why everybody wants a bunch of lights when one long one looks so much better (to me anyways)

Heres another option. I haven't used the newer sb reef lights but they have always been a solid company and I have heard good things about these

Yes I’ll look into both of those. I’m honestly really considering the first one. I’ve read about them before and they’re incredible lights. Thank you so much for the help :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back