LED Refugium Light Panel

GaryO

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
25
Reaction score
3
Location
Hoover, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have much height (3") above my sump (10 gal glass aquarium) and I would like turn it into a refugium. I tried once before and failed. I think I had too much light and heat 2 (27w. CFL bulbs with aluminum clamp reflectors). The cheato turnrd onto a green rotting slime. I saw some LED grow panels https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075JCLXCW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AQZUDUFV3TF64&psc=1 This light will need to rest on top of the refugium tank with the water line down about 3" from the top. the light has good color ratios and LEDs produce little heat, (most of which is directed to the back of the lamp). Any words of wisdom? And does anyone in Birmingham with extra chaeto? Thanks Gary
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new