LED trouble

Acanthurus1517

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so in the process of resetting my lights in conjunction with daylight savings time ending, I ran into some trouble with the remote of one of my two light bars (I have 2 current USA LED’s: one orbit marine loop and a ramp timer pro - the one I’m having trouble with at the moment). The remote’s buttons on the upper right-hand side seem to have given out completely and there is no response from them no matter how many times I press them or how long I hold them for. I attached a video showing what the trouble is. I don’t have the remote stored in a place where it could be damaged, it’s just sitting off to the side away from the tank but still accessible. To add insult to injury, the on and off times seem to have gone out of whack and I don’t really have any proper control of the light anymore. Now, as I do have a second light, is there any way I can rectify the problem through that one if I can find a way to link the two lights (even if they’re different models)? Is this lack of cooperation from the remote common with these lights? Please let me know if you have any advice, as I’m stumped and frustrated on what to do. Thanks again

- Diego

Attachments

• IMG_1088.mov
    29.5 MB

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so in the process of resetting my lights in conjunction with daylight savings time ending, I ran into some trouble with the remote of one of my two light bars (I have 2 current USA LED’s: one orbit marine loop and a ramp timer pro - the one I’m having trouble with at the moment). The remote’s buttons on the upper right-hand side seem to have given out completely and there is no response from them no matter how many times I press them or how long I hold them for. I attached a video showing what the trouble is. I don’t have the remote stored in a place where it could be damaged, it’s just sitting off to the side away from the tank but still accessible. To add insult to injury, the on and off times seem to have gone out of whack and I don’t really have any proper control of the light anymore. Now, as I do have a second light, is there any way I can rectify the problem through that one if I can find a way to link the two lights (even if they’re different models)? Is this lack of cooperation from the remote common with these lights? Please let me know if you have any advice, as I’m stumped and frustrated on what to do. Thanks again

- Diego
Did you check the battery?

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the battery seems to still work fine but some of the buttons on the remote have stopped functioning. Is this actually something that has to do with the battery? If so, replace it I shall

- Diego
Not much else you can do right? The remote seems to be sealed so you can't open it to check the contacts for corrosion. Only thing you can do is to change the battery. Maybe it's almost empty and not enough charge left for all functions.

OP
OP
A

Acanthurus1517

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much else you can do right? The remote seems to be sealed so you can't open it to check the contacts for corrosion. Only thing you can do is to change the battery. Maybe it's almost empty and not enough charge left for all functions.
Fair enough. I'll see to getting new batteries and replacing the current one. In the event that replacing the battery doesn't rectify the problem, could I get a new remote of that same model to use with the light, or would I need to get a new light bar altogether?

- Diego

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough. I'll see to getting new batteries and replacing the current one. In the event that replacing the battery doesn't rectify the problem, could I get a new remote of that same model to use with the light, or would I need to get a new light bar altogether?

- Diego
That's an infrared remote right? In that case it should work. If they are are available for purchase that is.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back