OP
OP
skyrne_isk

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One question regarding photos.. It's helpful to mention how close they are to real life..
Sometimes cameras see things very different than we do.
Yeah, not great on that. Shot on iPhone 11, so the relative hues are right. Will see if I can retake and get them to come out more true to life. Typical oversaturation of blue will hold here. But the look is great. Very crisp, think Hamilton 14K or Reeflux 12K on the old M80 ballasts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
skyrne_isk

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much were they shipped? I had their Zeus lights and really liked them
With the controller - which was $60 I think - total shipped for two plus this was $450. They pull between 100-110w with all channels at 100%, light output for one unit is comparable to one XR15 G4 Pro. And on shipping time, I paid on 11/19 and had my light on 11/26....pretty amazing for a customized layout.

OP
OP
skyrne_isk

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s a bit off topic, but here is the lighting mount that I put together. Inside the canopy there is a track of 2 rows of 1” angle aluminum mounted in parallel, within this track there are aluminum trays built out of 1/2” angle aluminum and 1/2” C channel (to minimize deflection).

The lights will mount to these trays using the bolt designed to hook into the gooseneck i’m not using. Was maybe $15 all told. Rivets and not machine screws/nuts are used to keep the bearing edge flush with the angle aluminum track it sits on. Post screws would also likely work - but you’d have to manage the thickness of your material carefully.

1A32F791-3830-4558-9520-C6ECB0D33C20.jpeg
The tray sits in the track so it can easily be slid to any position along it. I’ve used this setup with halide reflectors for years and I always appreciated the lateral movement flexibility.

I’ll get a picture posted of all of it in action here in the next couple days - work schedule is against me at the moment.

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back