OP
CindyKz

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so strong I can't NOT smell it the second I open it. Any strong odors bother me though. Idk how I have 3 dogs lol. Not to mention 8+ years of ICU nursing....
This was before I left it out guys! That stuff is RANK....you really can't smell it? I got a drop on my shirt once ...one drop...and after an hour had to change. Now I wonder if my bottle has been bad all along, although there have been no negative effects on my reef. I think I will toss it and pick up a fresh bottle. If the next bottle smells just as bad I'll assume I'm overly sensitive. Just to be clear though, the smell factor has been equally nasty before and after it was left out.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it looks like I came in too late to this conversation. I was camping for the last 5 days with no cell phone, which was super nice.

Our Oyster-Feast should be fine at room temperature for 12 hours. Try to use it up before expiration, if you can. This is one of the most common things we hear and we typically say to keep using the product if you don't detect a color change, any weird separation or the smell of "rotten eggs".

Everyone has a different sense of smell, so I'm not surprised that the product is less than ideal for your nose. :) I HATE the smell of olives and can't stand to touch them, but I still feed them to my kids. LOL

I hope this helps. Thanks to everyone for chiming in.

Regards,
Chad

Last edited:
OP
OP
CindyKz

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Oyster-Feast should be fine at room temperature for 12 hours. Try to use it up before expiration, if you can. This is one of the most common things we hear and we typically say to keep using the product if you don't detect a color change, any weird separation or the smell of "rotten eggs".

Everyone has a different sense of smell, so I'm not surprised that the product less than ideal for your nose. :)

Regards,
Chad

Well bummer I tossed it a couple days ago. Stinky, but not rotten eggs. Live and learn lol.

No cell phone sounds AMAZING! Hope you left the olives at home with it and glad to hear you enjoyed a break :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back