Lehigh Valley reeffer's!!!

LnL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a club started but can’t get anyone to come. Last meeting we had set up 4 people showed up. We put a ton of work into it. I pretty much gave up
You definitely did put in a ton of work for it! I know I really wanted to go a couple of time but with the pandemic, I couldn't reason it. I feel like things are getting better since the holidays.

OP
OP
ReefFreak@

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone who is interested in meeting at something fishy pm me, with what day of the week would work best, and time. If we get a decent group going we can schedule a monthly meeting somewhere.

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone who is interested in meeting at something fishy pm me, with what day of the week would work best, and time. If we get a decent group going we can schedule a monthly meeting somewhere.
What are the goals of the club or get together?

Years ago when NCPARS was geared toward information we would have meets a couple times a year at someone's house. We would discuss filtration and upkeep vs other people present and how they achieved their results, lighting, coral placement, etc. Usually we all took a frag and did a little swap as well. We also got a case of beer and a pizza and split the costs.

Is your goal anything like that?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What are the goals of the club or get together?

Years ago when NCPARS was geared toward information we would have meets a couple times a year at someone's house. We would discuss filtration and upkeep vs other people present and how they achieved their results, lighting, coral placement, etc. Usually we all took a frag and did a little swap as well. We also got a case of beer and a pizza and split the costs.

Is your goal anything like that?
i believe the main goal currently is to see how many people are interested in getting together, just to get a head count. from there maybe discussions on what our plans all together is.

i would love to get to know local reefers. swap frags, and even buy/trade gear. the only person i've met in person is @CoralWealth and since he sells corals, i am sure he can benefit from having more local buyers.

OP
OP
ReefFreak@

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @shakacuz , initially we can get a head count. See if anyone is interested in meeting up for a Lehigh valley reef club. If we have enough interest for a club the possibilities are limitless. Trading corals, discussing information, helping each other, visiting each others reefs. I think having a local club makes reefer a lot more fun. I watch a lot of YouTube reefers, but never talked to/ visited other peoples reefs in person.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am definitely in for meeting up but honestly not sure if meeting up at a local store is a good idea, maybe I am wrong though.

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given my past experience with this idea, it's a nice thing to do in this time of year, but once spring starts to roll around people will have outside chores to do and outside entertainment. These sorts of things are best for the cold of the year. Pretty soon it's going to be nice outside.

trainbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad

send me a pm so i can put you on the list
How does one send a pm also a meet at something fishy would interest me and I am retired so am flexible schedule wise. Also if we are going to meet there shouldn’t the store be a part of the discussion

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefFreak@

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meeting up at something fishy would just be for an initial meeting. If we get enough people we can look into finding a better area.

Windywakefield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody my name is Dennis, i live in the lehigh valley have been reefing for about 6 years now, started small and now i am a complete acropora junkie. I love this hobby weather it be watching/ working on my reef , researching , or watching youtube videos about reefing. However there seems to be no reef club here in the lehigh valley. Us lehigh valley reefers are missing a huge part of our hobby! Its a dream of mine to be able to have a monthly meeting with fellow reefers where we can just talk talk reef, help fix each others problems , and swap frags. If your in the lehigh valley or very close to it send me a pm and i will start to organize a meeting. I have a few people interested now.
My daughter and I are fairly new to the hobby, but we live near Wilkes barre and would love to connect. We could meet anywhere in NEPA, really.

ReefnFG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm in the Lehigh Valley and would be interested in the club! Been in the hobby for 10+ years, meet with and done business with a few people (namely @CoralWealth, got some nice sps from him when I was trying them a little while back) on this thread already. And I am in the process of setting up a 90 since we moved into our own place now! So look for a build thread in the near future!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back