OP
OP
Mark75

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Fin Red Bonded Goby pair with pistol shrimp and Purple Firefish?

She does want a goby/pistol shrimp pair, just not sure which goby. She likes the yellow watchman but it gets pretty big,...any small goby suggestion that will easily pair with a pistol shrimp?

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She does want a goby/pistol shrimp pair, just not sure which goby. She likes the yellow watchman but it gets pretty big,...any small goby suggestion that will easily pair with a pistol shrimp?

I have a Randall's goby paired with a tiger pistol. They are pretty small and really cool looking.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.any small goby suggestion that will easily pair with a pistol shrimp?
Highfin shrimp goby only 2" long:rolleyes:
p-70938-hi-fin-red-goby.jpg

Matthew Ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has been awesome!!! All of you are amazing. Thank you @Mark75 for putting this thread together because I have been researching this tank for weeks now. It would also be my first salt water tank, but the second in our household (Red Sea Reefer 350). I love the simplicity of the tank, however I didn't like the covering nor the light functionality so I was searching for alternatives as well. Somebody suggested the AI Prime and that is what I believe I will go with and the mount. Y'all talked about upgrading other things like intake, what would you guys suggest?

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yasha, Randalls, Dracula, highfin, white cap and flaming prawn are all colorful (and some quite expensive) and will pair with a shrimp. I'd stay away from the tiger pistols as they can be a bit destructive. I'd personally go with a Randall's pistol (or candycane) pistol shrimp.

OP
OP
Mark75

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leigh Ann likes the Randall's so that will probably be the one she picks,...I liked the flaming prawn.

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam is sending our stuff tomorrow.....will have it Wednesday morning. Swing by Wed if you're free. I'll give you Leigh Ann's zoas as well while you're over here.

OP
OP
Mark75

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mark75 you think Leigh Ann would like the alveopora I have for sale?

Leigh Ann said,..."yes I would like for you to buy me Caleb's alveopora!":rolleyes: I am not familiar with keeping alveopora,..what little I know is it is similar to goniopora but easier,...likes dirtier water, moderate flow/lighting?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back