Leigh Ann's tank build

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leigh Ann said,..."yes I would like for you to buy me Caleb's alveopora!":rolleyes: I am not familiar with keeping alveopora,..what little I know is it is similar to goniopora but easier,...likes dirtier water, moderate flow/lighting?

Haha! I really like it but just too much flow in my tank and I can't find it a spot where it's not getting beat up all day. Seems to be pretty easy, I don't do anything special for it.

470b5a9848e1e2b465da1e66c24fdfe1.jpg

The middle polyp's would look the the ones at the bottom if it wasn't getting so much flow to it. It's the branching type as well. I picked it up at the middle TN swap this year. Just thought it might be something cool for her little tank besides just zoas. [emoji13]

OP
OP
Mark75

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,.....Leigh Ann comes running down the hall to me shouting "GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!"

She is holding the large mag cleaner (much to large to clean her nano) clutching it to her chest with both hands and her eyes filling with tears. As I am studying the mag cleaner trying to figure out what horrible thing could be on the mag cleaner to upset her so bad her chant changes to "PULL IT APART, PULL IT APART"! It is just then I realized she had snapped the magnets together with the tips of her fingers caught between them hand cuffing her in pain.

I pulled the magnets apart and reminded her she needs a glass cleaner more suited to her small aquarium,...then I laughed hysterically. :p

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha! I thought it was leading up to something crazy......that was awesome!!

Brian Mountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still really like the tank? Picked up one for my son for Christmas. Any recommendations/thoughts looking back on your setup? Thanks!

OP
OP
Mark75

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still really like the tank? Picked up one for my son for Christmas. Any recommendations/thoughts looking back on your setup? Thanks!

I added some matrix in the bottom of the first chamber of the "sump" for pods and bacteria since the tank is light on live rock.

I removed the bag of ceramic media and added an additional bag of activated carbon. Not a fan of the ceramic rings and the carbo serves as a place for bacteria as well as chemical filtration.

That's it,..plug it up and add critters![emoji16]

I checked the par with the club meter and the light puts out 175 top of rocks and 70 directly under it on the sand, drops off fast out to the sides. Very low for a reef tank but zoas/lps/mushrooms seem to do well. Just choose there location carefully. [emoji106]

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back