Lemon peel angel

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers, my lfs has a lemon peel angelfish. I would love him, but have heard they will sometimes nip lps and sps which I do have. What’s everyone experience with them? Anyone have success in reef tank with them?. I just love the yellow with electric blue.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, a stunning angel. Probably the most destructive of the dwarf angels. If some nipping is going to make you ‘nuts’, then pass. I’ve had one in my large reef for a number of years. I have a lot of larger SPS colonies and he mostly leaves them alone. Every now and then he’ll decide one is irresistible and destroy it. Ravaged a ponape birds nest for a while, then left it alone and it’s started to regrow.

Hercaluis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers, my lfs has a lemon peel angelfish. I would love him, but have heard they will sometimes nip lps and sps which I do have. What’s everyone experience with them? Anyone have success in reef tank with them?. I just love the yellow with electric blue.
I had a coral beauty he left my corals alone for the most part ...he would take food from my corals but wouldn’t nip on them....but he definitely did nip on my clam...I had to get rid of him

OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, a stunning angel. Probably the most destructive of the dwarf angels. If some nipping is going to make you ‘nuts’, then pass. I’ve had one in my large reef for a number of years. I have a lot of larger SPS colonies and he mostly leaves them alone. Every now and then he’ll decide one is irresistible and destroy it. Ravaged a ponape birds nest for a while, then left it alone and it’s started to regrow.
Yeah I could not do that, dam that sucks

U

User1

View Badges

And they do tricks! @ca1ore you have a video somewhere here with yours doing circles on the side if I remember correctly :)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you do recall correctly. It's mostly stopped doing laps, but still does them occasionally.

Last edited:

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back