Lemonpeel Angel tiny dark spot midway on back beneath upper fin

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, ashamed to say he’s Not on my daily watch of my fish. I just noticed last night a tiny spot, dark on his back. I tried ito get pic but my tangs photobomb me everytime I’m looking with magnifying glass. He’s very active, in and out of rocks, eating nori daily w/frozen meats, mysis, brine, pellets Thera*A new life spectrum. Ocean Nutrition Formula 2. Current fish
Sailfin Tang
Hippo
Yellow Tang
1 Blue green Chromis
I do body and eating habits everyday, blue and Sally Sailfin actually line up.
I don’t know how long this spot has been on him because this site has me freaked out about Tangs and Chromis issues.
He’s very quick and not a people lover. I do have tons of sharp tube worms that have to be scraped off and he zips in and out. Tank parameters
Ammonia. .025
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 8.0
Phosphate 1.0-2.0 (was very high when Melve tested in July, brought it down with Phosphate RX)
PH 7.9
Rest unknown and untested
100g, 20g sump
Upgrading to 125gL (when husband done w/remodeling)
I’ve been trying to get things ready to transfer, rounded up dry live rock, some in sump ( growing Coraline Algae w/Chaeto light).
Lemonpeel is at least 4 yrs old and was fully grown when added.
I know I need photo or videos, I’ll try today and post, just wanted heads up about them getting hurt and healing on their own?
Thanks for the look, Debra

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, ashamed to say he’s Not on my daily watch of my fish. I just noticed last night a tiny spot, dark on his back. I tried ito get pic but my tangs photobomb me everytime I’m looking with magnifying glass. He’s very active, in and out of rocks, eating nori daily w/frozen meats, mysis, brine, pellets Thera*A new life spectrum. Ocean Nutrition Formula 2. Current fish
Sailfin Tang
Hippo
Yellow Tang
1 Blue green Chromis
I do body and eating habits everyday, blue and Sally Sailfin actually line up.
I don’t know how long this spot has been on him because this site has me freaked out about Tangs and Chromis issues.
He’s very quick and not a people lover. I do have tons of sharp tube worms that have to be scraped off and he zips in and out. Tank parameters
Ammonia. .025
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 8.0
Phosphate 1.0-2.0 (was very high when Melve tested in July, brought it down with Phosphate RX)
PH 7.9
Rest unknown and untested
100g, 20g sump
Upgrading to 125gL (when husband done w/remodeling)
I’ve been trying to get things ready to transfer, rounded up dry live rock, some in sump ( growing Coraline Algae w/Chaeto light).
Lemonpeel is at least 4 yrs old and was fully grown when added.
I know I need photo or videos, I’ll try today and post, just wanted heads up about them getting hurt and healing on their own?
Thanks for the look, Debra
It is difficult to say much without a picture - however here are some other questions - 1. Did you recently add anything new?
2. Any bullying from other fish?
3. Any other symptoms?
4. Is it getting better worse or staying the same?

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is difficult to say much without a picture - however here are some other questions - 1. Did you recently add anything new?
2. Any bullying from other fish?
3. Any other symptoms?
4. Is it getting better worse or staying the same?
Thanks, no new fish, only pods from Steel, 3 wks or so. The only bully is him against my Tangs who seem to ignore him. He does however zip in and out of my Tang Hangouts. I’m ashamed to say I just saw it! I body check Tangs and Chromis daily knowing they are prone to diseases. The Tangs are older than I thought, my Avatar is Sailfin 2016. Hippo and Yellow Tang as well. I will try for pics, maybe what Vette guy recommends with iPhone and stepping back. Just wondering if tiny spot might be normal for these guys, first time we’ve had him. No other symptoms as I see him trying to push big guys around. He’s at least 4 yrs old and I assume he was full grown.
Thanks, Debra

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, no new fish, only pods from Steel, 3 wks or so. The only bully is him against my Tangs who seem to ignore him. He does however zip in and out of my Tang Hangouts. I’m ashamed to say I just saw it! I body check Tangs and Chromis daily knowing they are prone to diseases. The Tangs are older than I thought, my Avatar is Sailfin 2016. Hippo and Yellow Tang as well. I will try for pics, maybe what Vette guy recommends with iPhone and stepping back. Just wondering if tiny spot might be normal for these guys, first time we’ve had him. No other symptoms as I see him trying to push big guys around. He’s at least 4 yrs old and I assume he was full grown.
Thanks, Debra
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 71574041173__801BA24E-22BF-4F83-AB70-3B6D85297670.jpeg
    71574041173__801BA24E-22BF-4F83-AB70-3B6D85297670.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He knows, it’s mid body under top fins, little toot knows I’m stalking him!
I’ve got Ruby Rally on hand

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He knows, it’s mid body under top fins, little toot knows I’m stalking him!
I’ve got Ruby Rally on hand
Money shot, looks like a puncture from sharp tube worms. I can see red scrap looking back from spot. He hasn’t changed behavior, eating etc. I’m sorry he wasn’t on my daily spot checks!

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Money shot, looks like a puncture from sharp tube worms. I can see red scrap looking back from spot. He hasn’t changed behavior, eating etc. I’m sorry he wasn’t on my daily spot checks!
I’m relying on Mike, aka Dr Reef Quarantined fish for new stock when 125gL is up and running, currently adding more dead live rock and corals we’ve had for yrs. Melve has had good success with Rock Enhancer putting rocks and coral ( brought from Buffalo, NY. When we moved to Texas in 81’ ) into 20gT with bio media,HOB with sponge only and Powerhead for circulation. I did turn off protein skimmer 2 weeks ago in sump and treated with rock Enhancer to treat LR in display.
Debra

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it’s smaller than last night, I’m sorry to bother you guys! Just don’t know much about him
Debra
Can you take the best pictures (your opinion) of the lesion and put a circle or arrow around them? The good news is - if not getting worse, and you've seen bullying - it could be a cut - and I would watch for any increase in symptoms, issues

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take the best pictures (your opinion) of the lesion and put a circle or arrow around them? The good news is - if not getting worse, and you've seen bullying - it could be a cut - and I would watch for any increase in symptoms, issues
As you can see, moron at pics, posting and of course circles! The one pick of him with the tangs, you can enlarge and faintly see a spot. The only bully is him and he might have gotten to close to a scalpel on the Tangs. Right now, blueberry, Hippo has grown a tiny bit bigger, so he’s challenging
Sally Sailfin. They’ve been tangoing a lot. He might have gotten in the middle, he must think he’s a Tang ‘cause he hangs out at “ the’re end
Thanks, Debra, sorry I’m a moron w/tech

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see, moron at pics, posting and of course circles! The one pick of him with the tangs, you can enlarge and faintly see a spot. The only bully is him and he might have gotten to close to a scalpel on the Tangs. Right now, blueberry, Hippo has grown a tiny bit bigger, so he’s challenging
Sally Sailfin. They’ve been tangoing a lot. He might have gotten in the middle, he must think he’s a Tang ‘cause he hangs out at “ the’re end
Thanks, Debra, sorry I’m a moron w/tech

I could see a small spot, most likely a minor injury or a dislodged scale. I wouldn't worry about it. The fish looks really good. Has it been in captivity for four years? How long have you had it?

jay

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could see a small spot, most likely a minor injury or a dislodged scale. I wouldn't worry about it. The fish looks really good. Has it been in captivity for four years? How long have you had it?

jay
Awe, thanks Jay, he’s a good 4 years old, hasn’t grown so I assume grown up when we got him at our LFS. I’m ashamed of myself for not giving him the daily closeup observations I give my Chromis and Tangs. I will watch and if bigger or changed will treat w/Ruby Reef.
Again Thank-you for looking
Debra

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe, thanks Jay, he’s a good 4 years old, hasn’t grown so I assume grown up when we got him at our LFS. I’m ashamed of myself for not giving him the daily closeup observations I give my Chromis and Tangs. I will watch and if bigger or changed will treat w/Ruby Reef.
Debra
Oh, we’ve had him for 4 years or so, sorry

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Debra
I would also ask Dr reef

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also ask Dr reef
Mike is so busy, he’s taken time to talk to me about quarantined fish we plan on buying from him. I was so stressed out 3 or 4 yrs ago when my 3 blonde Naso’s, all beautiful medium sized died in my Qt tank, found him and we talked for a long time, while he was still quarantineing at home. My upgrade to 125g L is at the middle of husband’s to do list! I’m after master bath redo, 1000g pond build with stream and pumps back and forth for fish, plants and winterizing swimming pool! When I’m about one month away, I’ll call Mike to get my order in. I’m Re-seeding my dry LR with Reef Enhancer in a 20g tall tank with bio media from the sump. They recommend 72 degrees so no heater, house temp about 70 so should work!
Thanks for you’re help
Debra

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back