Lemonpeel Angel tiny dark spot midway on back beneath upper fin

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got him
This is something I would observe and assure its stable or diminishing and not growing. May be a spot from a nick but assure its just that

``

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I would observe and assure its stable or diminishing and not growing. May be a spot from a nick but assure its just that

``
Thanks, I just saw it last night, I check daily on tangs and Chromis, missed him, he doesn’t photobomb like my tangs lol

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best wishes

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best wishes
We’ll, looks like this little Angel has a scar. The spot is still tiny and unchanged. I’m a bad fish keeper, parent for not seeing this sooner. I really appreciate all your comments and looking at him. I feel lucky, but cautious. I’m worried about what Jay called”stale ich” we had outbreak 10 years ago or, so none were quarantined, it was a Naso Tang that introduced it to the tank and passed away. Everyone else recovered with Ruby Rally and stop ich.
Not a spot since but planning to transfer to 125gL and buying new guys from Dr. Reef Quarantined fish. I’ve been beefing up current 100gT. Cleaning agro. Substrate. Rinsed previously owned dry sand and old formal LR we removed over the yrs with Reef Enhancer and MicroBacter7 in 20GT tank w/HOB filter with bio balls seeded in sump and sponge.
We plan on using mix of sand and Argo.
Thanks for everything
Debra

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ll, looks like this little Angel has a scar. The spot is still tiny and unchanged. I’m a bad fish keeper, parent for not seeing this sooner. I really appreciate all your comments and looking at him. I feel lucky, but cautious. I’m worried about what Jay called”stale ich” we had outbreak 10 years ago or, so none were quarantined, it was a Naso Tang that introduced it to the tank and passed away. Everyone else recovered with Ruby Rally and stop ich.
Not a spot since but planning to transfer to 125gL and buying new guys from Dr. Reef Quarantined fish. I’ve been beefing up current 100gT. Cleaning agro. Substrate. Rinsed previously owned dry sand and old formal LR we removed over the yrs with Reef Enhancer and MicroBacter7 in 20GT tank w/HOB filter with bio balls seeded in sump and sponge.
We plan on using mix of sand and Argo.
Thanks for everything
Debra

Re: Scarring - Scale damage can take months to heal - new scales have to grow out and that takes time.

The "stale ich" I was referring to is to try and describe a condition where fish have had ich infections for weeks - then, the symptoms change and it does not look like ich any more and people misdiagnose it. Another web site was making fun of that name, so I'm going to describe it as "long term ich".

What you are talking about is the chance that ich has remained in a sub-clinical state for a long period. Outbreaks can then occur if the fish are stressed (and the cause of the stress may not be apparent). However, if an aquarium has been ich-free for say, a year or two, I would expect it to remain so unless it is introduced back into the aquarium somehow.

Jay

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: Scarring - Scale damage can take months to heal - new scales have to grow out and that takes time.

The "stale ich" I was referring to is to try and describe a condition where fish have had ich infections for weeks - then, the symptoms change and it does not look like ich any more and people misdiagnose it. Another web site was making fun of that name, so I'm going to describe it as "long term ich".

What you are talking about is the chance that ich has remained in a sub-clinical state for a long period. Outbreaks can then occur if the fish are stressed (and the cause of the stress may not be apparent). However, if an aquarium has been ich-free for say, a year or two, I would expect it to remain so unless it is introduced back into the aquarium somehow.

Jay
Oh, thanks Jay, nothing new since 2019, I added the only fish to make it through my bad quarantine, 2 Chromis, one of with passed.2 months ago.Reading all your info, I watch tangs and Chromis like a hawk, Sally, Sailfin got into it with my normally timid Yellow Tang, she’s sliced on her side, not to bad, already hard to find next day. When I read your long term ich, I got worried, I love PaulB, have his book, Feel good about current crew, just worried about adding fish to new tank!
You’re the best Jay, next time I head back home, Buffalo, I’m planning on visiting the aquarium
Debra

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, thanks Jay, nothing new since 2019, I added the only fish to make it through my bad quarantine, 2 Chromis, one of with passed.2 months ago.Reading all your info, I watch tangs and Chromis like a hawk, Sally, Sailfin got into it with my normally timid Yellow Tang, she’s sliced on her side, not to bad, already hard to find next day. When I read your long term ich, I got worried, I love PaulB, have his book, Feel good about current crew, just worried about adding fish to new tank!
You’re the best Jay, next time I head back home, Buffalo, I’m planning on visiting the aquarium
Debra

The Toledo Zoo recently set up a live feed in our main display tank. I can watch it while working from home (grin):

Jay

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Toledo Zoo recently set up a live feed in our main display tank. I can watch it while working from home (grin):

Jay

By the way - when Is feeding time?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way - when Is feeding time?

They don't have a set time anymore. When I was curator, we had a dive show and we had feed dives at 11 and 2. Managing that program became too much, so it was mothballed.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back