Lemonpeel - does he want to eat my pistol/watchmen, be friends or just a stalker?

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I added a tiger pistol shrimp “hank” to my daughter’s. It was amazing to watch. Within minutes he found ”grumpy face” the yellow watchman goby (daughter named her fish) and joined him in his home. He immediately started making it bigger…bulldozing sand out of the way for their new home together.

A few hours later “bubbles” the lemonpeel became very interested.

A tad to interested for my comfort. Does Bubbles want to make Hank his new best friend. Is he jealous of Grumpy face? Or is he just stalking them and will make them his “chew toy” . Bubbles is full of personality. Loves racing around in the tank and rides the waves of the power heads. I have seen no signs of aggression.

thoughts???

see video montage I made.

Last edited:

KMCA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a forktail blenny that did the same thing. I think it was a mix of curiousity and seeing if any "goodies" (aka pod) were released by the excavation.
My gobi eventually established a safe work area around the pistol

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have ever snorkeled and picked up a piece of rock rubble or discarded chain shell, you will see the wrasses and damsels come out of nowhere and see what you have uncovered - I have seen the same as you describe by smart fish like your lemonpeel

bet it will. subside when it finds no return on investment

lucky little girl to have such a interesting tank

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its the same with me too. I added a candy can shrimp for my yellow watchman, they got together, and the flametail blenny seems to jealous, always hanging around their rock sometimes peaking inside. The watchman has to chase him away constantly. Same as you, I dont know if wants to eat it, or be friends with it, or what...

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like there is an injury on the lemonpeel. Which could be why he is asking for the cleaning.
bump.jpg

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like aggression see the tail flicking my lemonpeel did the exact same thing to my PBT when i added it everytime the goby comes out the hide abit lemonpeel chases it back in

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.1%
Back