Lengthening tunze osmolator tubing.

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add this ATO to my sump but I don't think the supplied tubing is going to be quite long enough. I need to go roughly 12' and the head height is only about 3'. Do you think I could add roughly 3 more feet to this system without having to use a larger pump?

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likewise agree, no problem. I run 5 ft head pressure with 20+ ft horizontal run.

Remember, the Tunze has a speed/power adjustment that can be turned up. The default setting is 'medium' speed. It can be turned up even higher if you want.

You can look at my build thread, but I have my Tunze osmolator adapted with a pushloc fitting and hooked to RO tubing. The RO tubing has a 5 foot vertical run from the pump, then runs along the periphery of the fish room to my sump for a total horizontal run of ~20+ ft. The osmolator is running on the 'medium' speed setting (haven't needed to open it to adjust the speed dial). No issues whatsoever. Not even running it at full speed so you will not have any issues

OP
OP
Wasteoftime247

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likewise agree, no problem. I run 5 ft head pressure with 20+ ft horizontal run.

Remember, the Tunze has a speed/power adjustment that can be turned up. The default setting is 'medium' speed. It can be turned up even higher if you want.

You can look at my build thread, but I have my Tunze osmolator adapted with a pushloc fitting and hooked to RO tubing. The RO tubing has a 5 foot vertical run from the pump, then runs along the periphery of the fish room to my sump for a total horizontal run of ~20+ ft. The osmolator is running on the 'medium' speed setting (haven't needed to open it to adjust the speed dial). No issues whatsoever. Not even running it at full speed so you will not have any issues
This is kinda what I was guessing. I did see about the power adjustment and it's good to know you didn't even need to turn it up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back