Lens rental... trying it out

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
9,259
Reaction score
5,770
Location
SE Michigan
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've heard many good reviews about borrowlenses.com so with a trip to chicago next weekend I've decided to give it a try... I've always wanted to try out different lenses, as its really hard to decide with so many choices. I tried a couple of shops near me, but they all wanted $32 to $63 per lens per day for the same lenses I got for a whole week!

I ordered: Canon 10-22 f 3.5-3.5
Canon 70-200 f 4L IS

Total was $155.45 for the 1 week rental with shipping... I'll have them for a few days before and after my trip so no stress about getting them back in time.

I'll post some of the pics when I get a chance!
 
That is great, never heard about them and a great idea. Is the return shipping included in that or does that end up being done seperate. Look foward to seeing the pictures and also hearing about your experience with using this service.
 
My friend has rented before and tried out a really expensive lens before he purchased.

Can't wait for the pics!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new