Leopard wrasse acting wired

reefer arno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have had this leopard wrasse for about 5 months now I am new to marine but have done tropical for years, but my wrasse is lying on its side trying to Bury itself without little succession I have had a look for come diseases but found nothing (white spot) it has been eating good for the whole time I have owned it but has now stopped eating and is just lying on the sand

OP
OP
R

reefer arno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also don't know if its possible to force feed a smaller wrasse like this one or if its advised as the wrasse is looking quite thin

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello I have had this leopard wrasse for about 5 months now I am new to marine but have done tropical for years, but my wrasse is lying on its side trying to Bury itself without little succession I have had a look for come diseases but found nothing (white spot) it has been eating good for the whole time I have owned it but has now stopped eating and is just lying on the sand
Is this fine sand or coarse sand?
Can you provide pics and even video of the fish and substrate?

OP
OP
R

reefer arno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this fine sand or coarse sand?
Can you provide pics and even video of the fish and substrate?
20230725_214842.jpg
20230725_214753.jpg
20230725_214746.jpg

Attachments

• 20230725_214736.jpg
    20230725_214736.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 16

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Here is a video
May be contributed by how thin this fish is and is apparently weak and may be a victim of known issue with wrasses. Many of these type of wrasses courtesy Of Jay encounter UNWD which shows neurological symptoms where it either cannot swim well, swims tail down or swims with a bent spine and despite all this, the wrasse will still attempt to feed and display no damage such as crashing into objects. Other could be depending where fish is from, cyanide capture which is delayed but the fish ends up in this state

OP
OP
R

reefer arno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be contributed by how thin this fish is and is apparently weak and may be a victim of known issue with wrasses. Many of these type of wrasses courtesy Of Jay encounter UNWD which shows neurological symptoms where it either cannot swim well, swims tail down or swims with a bent spine and despite all this, the wrasse will still attempt to feed and display no damage such as crashing into objects. Other could be depending where fish is from, cyanide capture which is delayed but the fish ends up in this state
Hi thanks for the reply

He/she not sure has been swimming with not a problem what so ever before this has kicked in and was a very healthy fish.

Is there anything I need to do to rectify this with the fish or is it something that just requires time?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Sorry, I don't think there is anything you can do for this fish. It looks to me that the wrasse is weak from being so skinny. You know, this species is so delicate that I don't acquire them myself, they are just heartbreakers.

I wrote an article on tube feeding fish, but as you suggested, this fish is too small to be a good candidate for that:

Jay

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back