Leopard Wrasse Help

AdamH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a pair of small leopard wrasses yesterday at my LFS (about 2" long). Acclimated them to my tank just like always...both fish immediately began swimming around and both ate a good portion of mysis shrimp. They were out from 2pm to lights off at 9:45pm. No problems encountered at all, fish look great. This pair was in one of my lfs' coral tanks for approx. 6 weeks. I drop by about once a week to check on new stock, and have been watching this pair each time. Definitely healthy fish. Today when I got home around 12pm, I noticed only one of the leopards out and about. I've had plenty of wrasses and am definitely not going to go digging around trying to find it. J it st wondering if anyone has any experience with these fish, and how long they'll stay buried. They seemed inseparable at the store and all day yesterday in my tank. Wondering if one is just more shy to the new tank. All the fish have been getting along great. I currently have the following fish in the mixed reef:

2 Leopard Wrasses
Radiant Wrasse
Pink streaked wrasse
Tailspot blenny
Rainford Goby

20180815_143118.jpg

OP
OP
A

AdamH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah hopefully itll come out. Just missed mealtime, so I may have to give extra food later. I'm curious to see one change into a male.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup they will hide. My female Blue Star that I just added in the last couple of weeks disappeared almost completely for about 2 days after I added it. Probably didn't help that my Melanurus wasn't too keen on having it for a tank mate. Things have settled in though and the Leopard Wrasse has settled into a routine that coincides with my lighting schedule and has begun sticking up for itself. There is still some aggression (particularly around feeding time) but at least it isn't getting chased all over the tank and most of the time they hang out with my Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel and One Spot Foxface as a group.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back