Leopard Wrasse

wiktor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys it’s day four of my leopard wrasse not eating any food I’ve been feeling brine shrimp but looking to start using my mysis again only just because I run out for a couple days but I’ve had some responses saying to treat it for internal parasites since that’s common I will attach a video to this post with a good clear view of what the fishes people are saying it’s a female leopard wrasse I do have a male melanurus wrasse which is about an inch inch and a half bigger and it does seem to chase it around but it doesn’t go back to hide so it seems that its not scared but just wants to keep distance it would be quite easy to catch since it that hangs around the surface level of the water. What do you think i should do. I don’t have a QT tank….

Attachments

• IMG_8302.MOV
    11.6 MB

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks pretty stressed in the video as it is just swimming up to the top corner.
I don’t have a QT tank….
I would add larger pods like tigger pods and live baby brine shrimp ASAP, and it also might be time to set up a qt and treat for possible internal parasites. Was this leopard wrasse seen eating in the fish store at all?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's a female macropharyngodon meleagris. What she's doing is typical behavior for a wrasse that's being bullied. You're probably only seeing some of the melanurus' aggression towards it. Leopard wrasses don't handle stress well and will refuse to feed when they're being bullied.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your problem is aggression, you might put the bully in timeout in this for awhile. In the end though, you may have to rehome him. If you think it is illness (you don't say whether one or more are new with no QT) you need to provide the tank parameters, history of the fish and close up pictures taken in white light posted on the fish disease thread.

OP
OP
W

wiktor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to
If your problem is aggression, you might put the bully in timeout in this for awhile. In the end though, you may have to rehome him. If you think it is illness (you don't say whether one or more are new with no QT) you need to provide the tank parameters, history of the fish and close up pictures taken in white light posted on the fish disease thread.

t

wouldnt that be too small of an environment for my wrasse?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep him there until he can recover and start eating. Of course, an approximately 38 litre (10 gallon) tank would be preferable.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back