Leptoseris and pavona aggressiveness

  • Thread starter Thread starter uhgster1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,535
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this green lepto for over three years and the pavona beneath it for around two. The pavona started showing sweeper tentacles around the the 1 year mark and I was surprised. But the lepto? I thought I was seeing things when I noticed 2 and three inch sweepers coming from it. I have most of my acros above the lepto, are they in danger now or can they handle the lepto’s sweepers? As you can tell in the picture the lepto pretty much owns that rock.
99F26869-1E4C-473C-B6AA-4C20EEAD511B.jpeg
209B8232-12FD-428A-BD8F-0CC5DAEEEFC6.jpeg
 
I would keep my eyes out for damage in the future, looks like you have some space between them which is good. They can get some nice long stingers for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new