Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is what it is. It is kinda like ask people to detail how to tell if the animal seen is a deer and detail why did he come up with this conclusion.
You need to look it up on the internet and then you learn. Once we see many wrasses (not me but Evolved) they just know. To ask for them to detail why they come up with this answer instead of ...Harlequin Tusk, is too much to ask.
Please go look it up

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is what it is. It is kinda like ask people to detail how to tell if the animal seen is a deer and detail why did he come up with this conclusion.
You need to look it up on the internet and then you learn. Once we see many wrasses (not me but Evolved) they just know. To ask for them to detail why they come up with this answer instead of ...Harlequin Tusk, is too much to ask.
Please go look it up
I don't mind telling how I am able to differentiate male from female wrasses. I am more than happy to share what I know.

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please go look it up
I typically do my own research but wrasses are a whole different subject and there was an ID thread so I figured I'd just jump on the train. I did do a quick google search maybe about 45 mins but I couldnt ID myself or lets say a positive. If I wouldn't have asked I would have been completly off. And then when IDd I looked it up thinking it was a female so I figured I'd ask (from the picture i posted) why they would think it was a male rather then female. There had to of been something in the picture giving off detail that could have been easily explained.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I misread the reply. I misunderstood that you asked why they ID it as this species rather than another (I hope you can tell by the way I word it)
I am glad I can not erase my post or else I just take the easy way out and erase it and pretend that it did not happen.
Sorry again.

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I misread the reply. I misunderstood that you asked why they ID it as this species rather than another (I hope you can tell by the way I word it)
I am glad I can not erase my post or else I just take the easy way out and erase it and pretend that it did not happen.
Sorry again.
No biggie. I'm not worried about it. I've done the same i'm sure at some point

Andeyking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a quick look through but can't find any of my own ID's for these three
43590225131_6144b5f01d_z.jpg

29719560328_f481bbc69f_z.jpg

43590223601_32c5004b1d_z.jpg

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 17.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back