Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas? Thanks
image.jpg
Female Cirrhilabrus sp 'kwazulu'
 
IMG_5019.JPG
My lfs has these wrasse, I've not seen them before. What are they?
 
Males end up looking quite a bit different, fwiw.
 
Could you post a picture of a terminal male? I have a juvenile/female but not sure what the mature looks like
My fish, my photo:
17922058590_3927505ca1_b.jpg
 
These are all wrasses in my QT that I received this week from ZoaCollector from his Vanuatu order. I know the Hooded on the right is the Efate variant. Can anybody confirm whether the Hooded on the left is a Tanna or Coral Sea variant? Thanks!

wrasse.JPG
 
These are all wrasses in my QT that I received this week from ZoaCollector from his Vanuatu order. I know the Hooded on the right is the Efate variant. Can anybody confirm whether the Hooded on the left is a Tanna or Coral Sea variant? Thanks!

wrasse.JPG
Tanna variant, the black margin on the dorsal extends the whole length on the Coral Sea variant.
 
Tanna variant, the black margin on the dorsal extends the whole length on the Coral Sea variant.

Thanks! That's what we thought (Colin at ZoaCollector and I), but just wanted to make sure as they look closely alike to me. Made sense since it was collected in Vanuatu, but some areas overlap.
 
These are all wrasses in my QT that I received this week from ZoaCollector from his Vanuatu order. I know the Hooded on the right is the Efate variant. Can anybody confirm whether the Hooded on the left is a Tanna or Coral Sea variant? Thanks!

wrasse.JPG
Tanna Island
 
Picked this guy up as a "Philippines lineatus wrasse" but clearly this is not a true C. lineatus.

Any ideas?

Wrasse 1.JPG


wrasse 2.JPG


wrasse 3.JPG
 
Picked this guy up as a "Philippines lineatus wrasse" but clearly this is not a true C. lineatus.

Any ideas?

Wrasse 1.JPG


wrasse 2.JPG


wrasse 3.JPG
C. temminckii
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new