Let the reefing journey begin

It’s the Grim Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
75
Reaction score
102
Location
South Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

Coming to you all from South Australia. Great to be here on the Reef2Reef forum. Complete noob when it comes to reefing... Something I have wanted to do for a long time but more recently I have been reading stacks of posts and absorbing lots of information and this has been a great place to grow my knowledge.

I am looking at purchasing an Aqua One Mini Reefer 160 to get started. Will likely get an ATO added to the hardware from the get go and aware I'll need a light upgrade as I will want SPS corals at some time in the future, but the standard light should get me by for the short term (soft and LPS corals). From what I understand, patience is key and I will taking it nice and slow. But I will inevitably have questions so you'll all get very familiar with my handle soon enough lol.

FYI - in case no one gets the reference... I'm Your Reef Baby is a play on words from "I'm your beef baby" (Brooklyn 99).
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/b0e6ecbe-9a64-4f49-b217-ea270259700d
Speak soon!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hi all.

Coming to you all from South Australia. Great to be here on the Reef2Reef forum. Complete noob when it comes to reefing... Something I have wanted to do for a long time but more recently I have been reading stacks of posts and absorbing lots of information and this has been a great place to grow my knowledge.

I am looking at purchasing an Aqua One Mini Reefer 160 to get started. Will likely get an ATO added to the hardware from the get go and aware I'll need a light upgrade as I will want SPS corals at some time in the future, but the standard light should get me by for the short term (soft and LPS corals). From what I understand, patience is key and I will taking it nice and slow. But I will inevitably have questions so you'll all get very familiar with my handle soon enough lol.

FYI - in case no one gets the reference... I'm Your Reef Baby is a play on words from "I'm your beef baby" (Brooklyn 99).
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/b0e6ecbe-9a64-4f49-b217-ea270259700d
Speak soon!
Welcome to reef2reef! Ask any questions you need and post a build thread so we can see your tank!
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
IMG_1666.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new