Let's Divert From Reefs Momentarily Let's See Flowers

Plumeria that I somehow managed to grow and flower on my Indiana front porch.
Went to Hawaii on our honeymoon 26 years ago and loved the smell.
546A3781-Enhanced-NR-2.jpeg
 
Kinda flowers. My jungle around the house. Lots of hostas and others. Have a color of the day going on now with various blooms. In northern VT. Thanks for viewing.
 

Attachments

  • 20260621_150511.jpg
    20260621_150511.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20260621_150527.jpg
    20260621_150527.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20260621_150818.jpg
    20260621_150818.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20260621_150856.jpg
    20260621_150856.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 17
  • 20260607_175833.jpg
    20260607_175833.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 14
Not really much of a flower but if any if you are familiar with pokeweed this one appeared in one of my Gals flower beds this year. Its taller than our giant sunflowers used to get. She gardens similar to how I reef and doesn't want to kill everything but instead likes to wait and see what it turns into. I did tell her she will want to remove the berries before they seed.

PXL_20260712_154702547.jpg
 
Southern Magnolia Tree flower. Magnolia Grandiflora (Edith Bogue variety)
In my front yard, planted way too close to the house.
546A3600.jpg
 
I have a question for those of you that have to keep deer away from your flowers.
I am losing the battle with my hanging baskets with petunias. They absolutely love them.
I have a diy shepherds hook in my front yard that I keep the hanging baskets with petunias.
They look awesome until the deer come through and literally strip them of flowers and foliage.
I've tried a variety of deterrents such as chemical, motion activated sprinklers and a product called wireless deer fence. None of the chemical solutions have slowed them down, the wireless deer fence only works if you can get them to touch their nose on them ( electric shock) and they seem to manage to get through the 3 different motion activated sprinklers I have.
I want to hear your solutions.
 
Some asiatic lilies top is at my old house Anastasia tree lily bottom is a true asiatic lily not a hybrid at my old work (nursery)
IMG_20260809_120622.jpg

IMG_20260809_120510.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new