• Torches, branching or wall

Results are only viewable after voting.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe amongst frogspawn they’ve even classified the thin branching and thick branching as different species now but I can’t find the paper.
I mean…. Maybe? Lol not common if so… my pinched heads resemble this..
IMG_1321.png
I believe This would be the thick branch type like my frogspawn is. The branch’s are so thick that it looks like a mini wall before they finally separate.

But if you’ve ever seen a true wall hammer you will know they look very different and the entire wall is a long single skeleton that’s connected like a long squiggle line whereas these actually have separations

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe amongst frogspawn they’ve even classified the thin branching and thick branching as different species now but I can’t find the paper.

I believe This would be the thick branch type like my frogspawn is. The branch’s are so thick that it looks like a mini wall before they finally separate.

But if you’ve ever seen a true wall hammer you will know they look very different and the entire wall is a long single skeleton that’s connected like a long squiggle line whereas these actually have separations
I've seen true wall frogspawn before, so I do know that those exist, though I'm a bit unsure with the torches as the results are inconclusive

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding wall torches do NOT exist.
Your first pic looks like a thick branching torch

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Screenshot_20230920_142040_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve seen and owned wall hammers.. much harder to care for than a branching for some odd reason! Never seen a torch and was questioning it..

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wall torches?? Is there such a thing? I thought they were all branching.. I’ve been out the game so long there’s no telling what’s what any more haha!
As far as I know, Euphyllia glabrescens is only phaceloid, not flabello-meandroid. However, they might become sub-flabello-meandroid due to budding of the
I mean…. Maybe? Lol not common if so… my pinched heads resemble this..
IMG_1321.png
That looks like Euphyllia cristata, not E. glabrescens, which can become sub-flabello-meandroid.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, Euphyllia glabrescens is only phaceloid, not flabello-meandroid. However, they might become sub-flabello-meandroid due to budding of the

That looks like Euphyllia cristata, not E. glabrescens, which can become sub-flabello-meandroid.
Ya! Ya! What you said :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Idk the scientific names of most corals or fish lol..

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATTENTION: The 3rd poll in this series is out now! Go cast your vote.

The results displayed now is what will be used for the official contest, torches won, at 61%!

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the longest time i wanted a holy grail yellow torch....
But lately im really starting to fall in love with the rainbow hammers.

But i am still looking for a cheap holy grail yellow, when i can make room in my already overpacked tank.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose frogspawn and hammers simply for the fact they grow better in my tank than torches. My torches do grow but just not at the rate the frogspawn and hammers do!

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the longest time i wanted a holy grail yellow torch....
But lately im really starting to fall in love with the rainbow hammers.

But i am still looking for a cheap holy grail yellow, when i can make room in my already overpacked tank.
I want to get the entire “royalty” named line from aci. I have the prince of darkness hammer currently.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back