Let's say what food we use!!

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends,

I leave this topic, the idea is to say what foods we use for our corals, whether we use them according to the manufacturer's recommendations or if we follow our own dose.

I have used:

1- Reef Roids of Polyp Lab: Very good although I did not follow the recommended dose, I used less. I ran out and never bought again but I'm about to buy again.

2- Coral Frenzy: I really can not say I had results and the way I used it made me lazy. I will not use it again.

Reef Energy of Red Sea: I really can not say I had results but I have not followed the dose, I want to continue using it or try with another brand that also has liquid food.

Now i started using Reef Booster of Polyp Lab seconds Before Using Reef Energy or some other liquid.

What experiences do you have ??

Regards.

Dlionsfan09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used reef "food". I feed mysis mixed with rods food and selcon. No issues growing corals ever. Save your self a little money. Corals don't need reef roids. There going to feed off you nutrients in the water. That's why you work so hard to keep your parameters correct.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roberto CRC

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used reef "food". I feed mysis mixed with rods food and silicate. No issues growing corals ever. Save your self a little money. Corals don't need reef roids. There going to feed off you nutrients in the water. That's why you work so hard to keep your parameters correct.

Silicates?

Dlionsfan09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silicates?

I meant selcon / dam spell check .
5a2ebf85df97489691db6af093e41e8b.jpg

Jenna Bearden

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an amino acid, reef bugs, and lrs reef frenzy. They'll grab the mysis when I feed the fish

bk_market

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used reef chilli and reef roid a few days per week. I used less per feed but feed more often. All my LPS have great response to them.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll get a list together! HA!

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed reef roids once a week and a mix of oyster, clam, krill, mysis, prawn eggs, cyclopes, and selcon 1-2 times daily for fish and corals.

Mixed reef, acros, leptos, blastos, plate, acans, birdsnest, stylo, Duncans, zoas, frogspawn

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't target feed anything. I feed the fish LRS Reef Frenzy, PE Mysis occasionally, and the algae sheets a few times a weeks.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back