0   0   0
4e985c2fb34c47862072cadb5d684beb.jpg

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this old thread... had to bring it back round.

This is Rambo... he's been a good, loyal friend, and an excellent guard dog for nearly a decade. Unfortunately, one of the problems with loving large dogs... they don't generally live very long. Rambo is down 40 lbs from his prime, has bad hips, a bad knee...

Rambo1.jpg

Rambo and one of my daughters a few years ago...
RamboKim.jpg

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20170525-105435.jpg

This is my boy NeKo from a few years ago. He has put on some weight since this picture but he is still all muscle. He turned 7 this year.

Screenshot_20170525-105502.jpg

This was my wife and I Christmas card picture two years back. He is by far the most spoiled thing in my house. (Besides my wife that is)

blueface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this old thread... had to bring it back round.

This is Rambo... he's been a good, loyal friend, and an excellent guard dog for nearly a decade. Unfortunately, one of the problems with loving large dogs... they don't generally live very long. Rambo is down 40 lbs from his prime, has bad hips, a bad knee...

Rambo1.jpg

Rambo and one of my daughters a few years ago...
RamboKim.jpg
I had a great pyr myself named Lily many years ago. Best breed ever but she only lived to be 6. Had a heart attack. I feel your pain.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a great pyr myself named Lily many years ago. Best breed ever but she only lived to be 6. Had a heart attack. I feel your pain.

Rambo is the first GP I've ever owned, and I'll probably own one for the rest of my life. Best dog I've ever had. When we got him, we walked him around our property line a couple of times... 9 years later, there's still a dirt path worn in the grass all the way around our fence line. Used to have so many coyotes, possums, raccoons, that we'd never see a rabbit or squirrel. These days, there are thousands of rabbits and squirrels, and we hardly ever see a raccoon or possum. We can still hear coyotes at night, but they don't come on to our place. Haven't lost a chicken to depredation since the day Rambo came home.

My 3 year old grandson, when he's outside, Rambo is right there beside him. Gets between him and the pond, if he gets too close, and 'heards' him away from it. Grandson spotted a big snapping turtle in the yard. Rambo wouldn't let him near it, even before my wife figured out what was going on. The most instinctively protective, gentle, friendly dog I've ever been around. Not for everyone... city dwellers? probably not going to work out for you. They like to roam. Adverse to dog hair? Stay away. Early spring, my entire yard is covered in white hair.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back