Lets see those CLAM photos! Clams that you have, had, or even photographed.

Crimsonphoenix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 5 inch Philippine Maxima R.I.P.
8A0A75F5-6846-4A35-9C3B-F34C0CECBC55.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very happy with my clams. The standard egg-crate, three squares equal to 2 inches. However, the Crocea and Maxima is a little larger thandue to the egg-crate is close to the camera.
The container for the Gigas is 7.5 inches long dimension.
Clam2020082401CroceaMaxima.jpg
Clam2020082402Gigas.jpg

Last edited:

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P1280430.JPG

25" T. gigas. Unfortunately a baseball sized Pocillopora fell down into his inhalant siphon and never recovered. It was so tolerant of things being on it's mantle, blennies and hawkfish would perch there without any movement, but he closed up around that broken frag and that was it.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally having decent success with my T. crocea <3
It's growing and further developing the pattern!
Do I see a mandarin pattern coming in too?!

P8310351 clam center_.JPG
P8310347 clam close up.JPG
P8310365 clam focus layers.JPG
I have been looking for Mandarin Crocea for quite a while. These used to be available a long time ago but for years I was not able to find one. I am sure it is because Corpus Christi is such remote from the main reef traffic route. Finally I was luckily to be able to jump on the three above.

Moonfruit777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for Mandarin Crocea for quite a while. These used to be available a long time ago but for years I was not able to find one. I am sure it is because Corpus Christi is such remote from the main reef traffic route. Finally I was luckily to be able to jump on the three above.

uhhh what?? o_O

Ellery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need

to get a Crocea then you have all 6 Tridacna species and a Hippo
I have 1 Crocea on the Lower Right hand of the top photo. It's tiny one from LA Diver's Den. Most were from LA Diver's Den (ORA or BIOTA) and PacificEastAquaculture (maricultured).

I already have 1 Hippopus Hippopus too on the Lower Left. The last one I got was the Tridacna Noae from PEA and 3 more Maximas.

Will be looking for a Tiger Stripe Derasa and another T. Crocea for the right color and price next but it seems all prices have skyrocketed on everything.

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple pics of the new Crocea that just showed up yesterday from Divers Den. Was a little concerned because they shipped it with an ice pack despite being in the low 50s here yesterday. The water in the bag was in the low 60s when it showed up but a day later and it seeks to be doing well. Currently sitting on a clam hammock ay the bottom of the tank. Will see about moving it up onto the rocks after it's had a chance to acclimate to the light. Any recommendations for lighting on these guys? I know they like a lot but how much is too much? I've got a Prime HD over this tank. The Crocea is roughly 16" under the light.

20200916_102437.jpg 20200916_102240.jpg

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple pics of the new Crocea that just showed up yesterday from Divers Den. Was a little concerned because they shipped it with an ice pack despite being in the low 50s here yesterday. The water in the bag was in the low 60s when it showed up but a day later and it seeks to be doing well. Currently sitting on a clam hammock ay the bottom of the tank. Will see about moving it up onto the rocks after it's had a chance to acclimate to the light. Any recommendations for lighting on these guys? I know they like a lot but how much is too much? I've got a Prime HD over this tank. The Crocea is roughly 16" under the light.

20200916_102437.jpg 20200916_102240.jpg
Keep us updated and let us know if it is safe to buy from there again lol

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never knew it wasn't safe. I've historically had really good luck with DD. What was/is going on that made them unsafe to buy from?
I personally had not buy clams from DD before after I read many horror stories of how a sick clam from DD wiped out the entire clam collection. It’s a while since though. You can search it in the forum

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally had not buy clams from DD before after I read many horror stories of how a sick clam from DD wiped out the entire clam collection. It’s a while since though. You can search it in the forum

Ah. Yeah, that would be a little concerning. I'm not overly worried about the derasa that it's in with. I've had it for a couple of years now but it's nothing spectacular. Would still suck to lose either of them, but I'd be a little more worried if I had some expensive clams in the system already. I feel relatively safe as it was a cultured specimen.

Back