Let's see your QT!

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
2,431
Reaction score
771
Location
Nashville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was searching around and trying to figure out what size QT I should setup and I'm getting mixed info. So, lets see what everyone uses and see what works well. Post a pic and dimensions of your QT :wink:
 
My QT is a 10G tank and aqueon HOB filter... I do add live rock to the QT setup, but only if I am not treating with chemicals. PVC works just as good though.

I have a small heater, air pump, and powerhead I put in too just for the extra stuff.

I don't have a pic or I would upload it.
 
I run a 10 gallon tank also. I keep it bb, heater, foam filter, and a cheap plastic top with cfl lighting. I also use pvc for cover.
 
I have a 6.6 long tank from petco, a 10 gallon, and a 29g biocube. All for different sized fish or if I wanted to QT several fish at once. All have HOB filters, heaters, etc.

I recommend Mr. Saltwater Tanks guide to Quarantine. It helps a lot and has all the info on the diseases etc in there as well.

He takes all of the mixed up information (like you were getting) and makes it straight forward.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new