Let's see your yellow acros, milli's, etc.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Lemonade. Its actually yellow. This pic seems a bit on the green side.
IMG_3109.JPG

goodtogo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First picture, Pink Lemonade.
Second is more of a gold/yellow.
Under halides and LED, 18k look.

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cunareefers pics are awesome, but even the frag plugs look a little yellow as well as the snails shells. The overall color of everything seems a little tweaked. If not thoes are some crazy yellows.

There has been a number of nice yellow corals out now this thread should be hot if people would post.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First picture, Pink Lemonade.
Second is more of a gold/yellow.
Under halides and LED, 18k look.

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG
I was guessing that the 24k Milli would pop up. It's always labeled as being yellow but I've always seen it as that gold/brownish color in person.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree flagg37, and as much as copps sells it for I would rather buy something else. Anyways it's not that hard to find a maricultured one that is yellow now a days. I have seen a number of them stay yellow in a few different hues, even after acclimated long term in a reef tank.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cunareefers pics are awesome, but even the frag plugs look a little yellow as well as the snails shells. The overall color of everything seems a little tweaked. If not thoes are some crazy yellows.

There has been a number of nice yellow corals out now this thread should be hot if people would post.

I was thinking this exactly. The pics showing really yellow corals all seem to have the white balance cranked to the yellow end. Doing this takes out the blues and makes everything you see look red/yellow as opposed to blue/green. Pics look most natural somewhere between. I played around with Lightroom enough to know what looks manipulated and how easy it is to do it.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
canary%20macro%20052915_zpsxcludjnu.jpg
Seeing in person with with my eyes the Pink lemonade comes the closest to a yellow coral on the new growth areas.

Some green corals can look "yellowish" if you blast them with light like Yellow tort, yellow caroliniana. Some of the Aussie corals have true yellow coralite edges.

A sunset milli (above pic)can have some nice yellow...............just gotta find one with good genes.

I agree with the statements above............most of these "yellow" corals are light, camera, or photoshop nonsense.

goodtogo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big E, I agree with you with Pink Lemonade. That is why I showed my colony picture. But the 24k Milli comes really close but more of gold/ deep yellow in color.

For those that say they can find a mariculture milli that is similiar to the Copps 24k Milli, please show a picture for reference, please no photoshop.

I do also have newer pieces that supposed to be yellow, even though they are in a slight way, I wanted to show everyone on this thread what pieces has the most yellow.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Big E, I agree with you with Pink Lemonade. That is why I showed my colony picture. But the 24k Milli comes really close but more of gold/ deep yellow in color.

For those that say they can find a mariculture milli that is similiar to the Copps 24k Milli, please show a picture for reference, please no photoshop.

I do also have newer pieces that supposed to be yellow, even though they are in a slight way, I wanted to show everyone on this thread what pieces has the most yellow.

I've seen the Copps milli and it looks like a washed out/dull Sunset Milli to me.............I'd call it a brown mustard yellow in color.

It wouldn't be my go to coral if I wanted some yellow in my tank, but that's just me.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to rain on anyone's parade here (maybe more of a caution for those looking to get one), but did anyone see this short article on Advanced Aquarist regarding yellow acros?

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/be-cautious-of-yellow-acropora
That's a good little informative article but I'm not sure it really fits with this discussion since the corals people are posting are not sick or stressed corals. I don't think the article is saying that all yellow corals are stressed or dying, just that those ones turned yellow because they were stressed by the temperature and light.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my favorite that I have not seen before. It blows my pink lemonade out of the water. Also is more of a smooth skin acro, not sure on the species. Anyone have a guess, or seen this before?
0276641502ef096d3e71c7e3fb0bac11.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's amazing how the older threads have so many green corals posted as yellow. But now a days yellows are not as rare, should be able to keep this thread going no problem.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back