Let's talk about fish poop vs health of fish

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the recent newbie mistake of adding a fish without quarantine and had some small issues that scared me. So I've been spending some time learning about signs, symptoms, and intervention. I came across a post about white stringy poop and how it was related to internal parasites. I then realized how I've never actually seen my fish poop. I know they poop because it's all over the dang place but I never actually seen them do it LOL. So today being my day off I literally spent the whole day watching the tank to see my fish poop LOL I took a poop break but for the most part I spent all day watching these fish. I did notice one of my clowns had kind of a long stringy white poop that stuck around for a second and did not fully disconnect from him. However my main concern is that I think I seen my copperband butterfly poop dust. Has anyone ever seen anything like that and what could it be indicative of??? Are there any other poopy signs I should be looking for?

OP
OP
fishbox

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can kinda understand that with a tangs diet, but my CBB is a meat [emoji491] kinda guy.

oceanfreak09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. [emoji4]I just haven’t seen many poop threads and had to comment. lol [emoji90] I hope somebody else can help explain the poop situation. I’m stumped since I don’t ever see my Carnivorous fish poop. Good luck! [emoji51]

OP
OP
fishbox

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. [emoji4]I just haven’t seen many poop threads and had to comment. lol [emoji90] I hope somebody else can help explain the poop situation. I’m stumped since I don’t ever see my Carnivorous fish poop. Good luck! [emoji51]
[emoji23] well I appreciate your poopy response.... Just remember this thread if ya ever have a poopy experience

oceanfreak09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji23][emoji23]I’m glad my response Made you laugh and didn’t tick you off. Or else we would Of had to start a Pee Pee thread! [emoji23][emoji23]

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 202 71.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 53 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back