Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We need more pics!

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Indo Regal for a couple of years now. It eats all types of prepared foods and doesnt touch any SPS, however it's hit or miss with zoas, some it eats while others it leaves alone. It leaves most LPS alone except acans and clams which are on the menu so I don't have any in my main tank..

reeffirstaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept a variety of large angelfish in reef tanks over the years. I found both a Blue Face Angelfish, and a Majestic to be good reef tenants, not bothering much in the way of LPS or SPS corals. Right now, I keep a young Queen Angelfish in my reef, which has been there for around 1.5 years. He is a coral picker, and to combat it, I basically only keep coral species he doesn't seem interested in eating.

angelnipping.jpg

greaser9999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an emperor in my mostly sps reef. He mostly leaves all of my coral alone, but I know better than to put LPS or polyps in my tank. I threw some gsp in my tank and he was a lawn mower. I tried a chalice once and he ate the meat off of it right away. I had a haddoni for a whe but be was nipping at it. I only do sps, shrooms, and euphylia, and everything is working out.

With the other fish, he is a little mean to my naso tang, but nothing terrible. Just some opportunistic intimidation and barking. No chasing. My tank has some tough guys, so he doesn't get out of hand. I have two triggers and a powder blue that hold their own.

My lemonpeel angel is the meanest and the biggest coral nipper in the tank.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401158267.366792.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401158291.498908.jpg

Sick looking angel dude!! I think I may buy a bigger tank in the future n run fish only all because of this very fish!! Beautiful fish... Too bad I have a lot of zoas, would not even think about taking a chance on one.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've kept a variety of large angelfish in reef tanks over the years. I found both a Blue Face Angelfish, and a Majestic to be good reef tenants, not bothering much in the way of LPS or SPS corals. Right now, I keep a young Queen Angelfish in my reef, which has been there for around 1.5 years. He is a coral picker, and to combat it, I basically only keep coral species he doesn't seem interested in eating.

angelnipping.jpg

Awesome! I may have to try a majestic in my next reef!

Sleeperr34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a blueface in mine for a while. He did do great. But he had two things that as soon as they went in he would go to town and start eating. Elegance and long tent anemone. Everyone i tried kept dieing quick. And i sat and watched as i put the last two in. And 15min after in he would start nipping. Elegance he didnt hold back on. Anemone. He would find a way to its base and nip him until it rolled and had an opening to the mouth and would go in and take 3-4 quick big bites.

Do what will make you happy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back