lets talk Flow - Reefer 250

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gadbery
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gadbery

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
98
Reaction score
54
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone
newer reefer/ tank question centered on tank flow

For a reefer 250 what are yall using/recommend power head wise?

I have 2 Icecap 1 Gyre pumps. iv set them up on opposite ends of the tank one closer to the front and the other closer to the back. Running on 0-30% ramp up modes ( not in sync as i dont have the icecap duel pump controller). Is this enough flow? I feel like turning them up will be blasting my clown fish (only fish in tank). only coral are 2 zoa frags but plan to be a soft/lps tank for a while maybe some easy sps (monties)

ill post a tank photo for reference
 
4163392A-C784-4967-A35C-4B5620165617.jpeg
 
Great tank! that is a ton of flow for a tank that size =)
 
I have the same tank and setup. I have two icecap 2k's and feel like I can never get the flow right. Their app is really confusing and I am constantly messing with it. Sometimes I feel it's not enough and other times I feel it's blowing everything. What return pump are you using?

Granted I think I need more rock in my tank honestly
 
I have mine even on the sides. How close are you to the back and front on each side. I like that idea and might try it
 
Oh just re-read your post you don't have the dual pump controller. I have that so mine might be different
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new