Let's Talk Inverts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We are wrapping up the build of our new online invert system and we are excited to be able to offer more inverts to our online customers.

What are your favorite inverts to use in your tank and what are some inverts you wish you could find available online to order?

Check out some pictures from our build!

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG
Resized_20230601_153726.JPG
Resized_20230601_153640.JPEG
Resized_20230601_153704.JPG

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wish stomatella snails were available online!

Ask and you shall receive! We are culturing them in our farm!

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clams haven't seen them around much lately.
Blue and orange electric hermits.
Strawberry crabs.
Acro crabs.
Porcelain crabs.
Ive heard good things about pitho crabs but have never seen them for sale.
Chocolate stars for my my Harlequin :)
A linka star that doesn't die LOL

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some good suggestions here! I don't know if we can help with the Linckia though lol

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not have livestock in it yet, but it will likely be inverts only
Cool, please keep us updated. I ask because I am conscious about disease/parasite control, and inverts in systems with fish can bring along fish parasites. I am always looking for vendors that keep their inverts fishless and I know a lot of other people do too, so I think it would be a big benefit for all if you choose to go that route.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cool, please keep us updated. I ask because I am conscious about disease/parasite control, and inverts in systems with fish can bring along fish parasites. I am always looking for vendors that keep their inverts fishless and I know a lot of other people do too, so I think it would be a big benefit for all if you choose to go that route.

We will definitely keep that in mind

VegasReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As most items in this section will be cleanup crew, it would be cool to have a dedicated section to symbiotic relationships. Expanding on some of the earlier mentions, anemone crab, anemone shrimp, squat lobster, trapezia crab, pom pom crab, etc.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Clams haven't seen them around much lately.
Blue and orange electric hermits.
Strawberry crabs.
Acro crabs.
Porcelain crabs.
Ive heard good things about pitho crabs but have never seen them for sale.
Chocolate stars for my my Harlequin :)
A linka star that doesn't die LOL
Agree with most of these. Acro crabs would be awesome. Something that everyone gets from other hobbiests that is almost impossible to find for sale would be micro brittle stars.

Other things that are hard to find that are attractive and work well are money cowrie. Another snail that is a great worker is ox tongue nerites.

Christmas tree worms are also fun, but more of a coral import. I have no idea how breeding them would go, but people say when they have a rock that they have babies. I'll know at some point, had a rock with six worms for 2 months.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Agree with most of these. Acro crabs would be awesome. Something that everyone gets from other hobbiests that is almost impossible to find for sale would be micro brittle stars.

Other things that are hard to find that are attractive and work well are money cowrie. Another snail that is a great worker is ox tongue nerites.

Christmas tree worms are also fun, but more of a coral import. I have no idea how breeding them would go, but people say when they have a rock that they have babies. I'll know at some point, had a rock with six worms for 2 months.

We actually already breed and sell our own Micro Brittle stars. They are quite a popular item!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Definitely some awesome suggestions. Some items I know are tricky to source, but we are always expanding our farm and are looking to breeding more inverts in house. Maybe we can figure out some of the harder to find inverts.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back