What type of sump do you have

• Total voters

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Deezill Was that question for me? If so, yes I do. I'm using an apex ATK, but my pmup died so I'm using the avast marine diaphragm pump running through a kalk stirrer for my atk. It was an emergency change when the pmup died, but it's working so well that I'm keeping it this way for now.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Deezill Was that question for me? If so, yes I do. I'm using an apex ATK, but my pmup died so I'm using the avast marine diaphragm pump running through a kalk stirrer for my atk. It was an emergency change when the pmup died, but it's working so well that I'm keeping it this way for now.
Yeah i wanted to know-how big was your ato and which type did u use

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lots of great options to explore. I've got a custom sump buy Geo's Reef.

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m super happy with my Synergy Reef sump. I like all the little bells and whistles like the John Guest dosing connectors, the adjustable weirs, the cable routing etc. I also like acrylic for the sump since I’m less worried about equipment banging around in there.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I like William Henrys custom job and Deezil Bashsea. I have a 240 or so tank and I want a sump that is at least 20" wide or 24" so a 48 X 24' sump. Not many in that size. I want a large volume of water for the return pump and area for the pump to sit inside the sump if I chose. Geo makes that kind of sump. So hopefully by Balck Friday I will have a good idea of which one I want to get. Sumps I own are a Bashsea and a Geo. But they are too small for the new tank.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Deezil sorry the the delay, yeah the black sponge, so the water goes through there first and then into where the return pump is?
yes this ensures no microbubbles because my skimmer is in the chamber right before that. I wanted my fuge in the first chamber which seems bigger but it's not. I am going to post pics once I finish plumbing it all the way I hope today.

have a look at my 210 journey thread as I call it. I am moving slowly this time so I don't make to many mistakes like I did with my 150 builds and rushed everything just to get it up and running

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My stand is ten feet long so I obviously have a custom acrylic sump of 140 gallons and there's room for Everything. I have supersize skimmer, algae scrubber, two dual reactors, fuge area with live rock, two foam chambers, dosing are and still room for more.

660 setup 18.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My stand is ten feet long so I obviously have a custom acrylic sump of 140 gallons and there's room for Everything. I have supersize skimmer, algae scrubber, two dual reactors, fuge area with live rock, two foam chambers, dosing are and still room for more.

660 setup 18.jpg
all I can say is wow.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back