Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, i respectfully apologize for jumping in here out of the blue, but i couldn’t resist sharing the following spoonerism while perusing the current thread activity.

i read this one as “Let’s Stalk Trump.” ;Hilarious

... i’ll show myself out ;Joyful

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that is also a very nice sump. Ok well then everyone who reads this please show your sumps. I have begun to plumb mine and I want some ideas. Thanks.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
okay, i respectfully apologize for jumping in here out of the blue, but i couldn’t resist sharing the following spoonerism while perusing the current thread activity.

i read this one as “Let’s Stalk Trump.” ;Hilarious

... i’ll show myself out ;Joyful
please stay that was funny lol.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Geo sump.

20160917_101036.jpeg

KrustyKrab305

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ScubaDan206

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own from plywood and glass. It is 4 times the size of my DT. DT upstairs is 120, sump is 4X8X30 inches tall runs at 19 inches water currently. System volume is north of 450 gallons.

KrustyKrab305

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting a bashsea 4818 which can be found in the link below for my 210
The Bashsea sumps look pretty sweet too. That was one sump I also considered. I had initially ordered the IceCap30 on black Friday 2018 but it was on backorder for months so I canceled my order with Marine Depot. I recently ordered the CL-34 from Synergy reef so I'm looking forward to when it comes in.

mmotown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I like William Henrys custom job and Deezil Bashsea. I have a 240 or so tank and I want a sump that is at least 20" wide or 24" so a 48 X 24' sump. Not many in that size. I want a large volume of water for the return pump and area for the pump to sit inside the sump if I chose. Geo makes that kind of sump. So hopefully by Balck Friday I will have a good idea of which one I want to get. Sumps I own are a Bashsea and a Geo. But they are too small for the new tank.
I have a 240 as well. Have you decided which sump you're going with? I thought about a CL-50 by Synergy. A large tank by Geo pro series is $1k more...$2500

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo I really wanted a geo sump but will be ordering a Trigger Systems Sapphire 34 with 10 ATO container this Tuesday from BRS for a Black friday deal. I'll just need a pair of mp40's and a pair of radions to complete it. Build update coming soon.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't forget to post plenty of pics lol.

+1 on this!!! Love all the sump pictures, Theres another thread around here with tons of sump pics but I'm not sure where it is ;Bored

This is my Custom Lifereef setup for my itty bitty Red Sea Max C130....
downloadfile-28.jpg

For my new build I wanted something even more fun and awesome looking so I'm currently in the process of working with Kyle at Adaptive Reef on sort of my forever sump to go along with my "Forever" Tank. It will have all the bells and whistles of standard acrylic sumps, but built like a RE Dreambox. It has been a lengthy process but I'm sure well worth it in the end:D Custom (Whether DIY or not) is atleast IMO the only way to go with tanks or sumps and all I'll ever purchase from here on out. Although any purchases like that won't be for many many years down the road. Custom (Not DIY) can certainly blow the bank especially when it's acrylic. So it's worth knowing that going in first.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back