Leveling method and Leak protection

Thresher's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost ready to build my 25 gallon lagoon w/ APS stand from Innovative Marine. However, there is still one thing that is bothering me... I really only have the choice of putting the tank on carpet due to my apartment being very old and the only non-carpet flooring is in the bathrooms. That being said, I have noticed that the stand by itself on the carpet flooring is just barely not sitting level. I bought some composite shims from Home Depot to hopefully tackle this, but I have read that it is difficult to level a stand with shims on carpet. Is there another way I need to go about it? I saw some people say get a sheet of plywood to place underneath. I also ordered a mat I was going to place under the stand so that, in the case of a leak, maybe it would buy me enough time to catch it before it reaches the carpet. It is a heavy duty mat that is usually meant for catching oil in garage workspaces so hopefully it does the job.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the mat should suffice. once you put water in the tank you can level it as you fill it up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back