Leveling rimless aquarium?

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2016
Messages
1,651
Reaction score
1,833
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a random question but when you level a rimless aquarium, do you level out the stand and then just put the mat and rimless tank on top or do you level it once everything is on? I've noticed when you try to level out the stand with the rimless tank already on, it will cause some sort of uneven points since the heaviness of the aquarium will already push the mat in some place. For example, if the tank is uneven from front to back. Hopefully I worded it clearly enough for everyone to understand. Happy Holidays!!!
 
Everything but water, then shim and level. I'd even continue to check as the tank fills, depending on size, as it may be easier to level and correct before completely full.
 
Level the stand first, then put the tank on and check the level. shim the stand as necessary. double check the level of the tank with water in it. shim only the stand, never the tank.
 
Thanks everyone! You are all great!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new