LFS disappointing, LA even more so

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else really disappointed in fish selection recently?
I ordered 2 mocha vinci's from my LFS a month ago and they still have yet to come in. Not that i'm complaining. I know exactly why.
I just have a tank that only has two fish in it, and I need (want) some more.

Patience is key here. But the lack of ability to buy my fishes forced me to upgrade my tank (lol).

ROB2005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to understand because of the pandemic, everything has pretty much slowed to a halt so shipments are far and few in between. I’m in the same boat, but it’s patience that has caused me to enjoy what I currently have in my tank.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure we all feel it. The local coral swaps canceled, LFS non-essential in Michigan, no new livestock coming in.

I have made a few purchases from LA's DD and have one scheduled for Tuesday. Every week night, the DD is updated with new specimens. Usually 3 pages.

I've looked for other sources but haven't seen any with the selection of DD yet.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS can't get anything in either, they have plenty of clowns & some triggers & that's about it.

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My "LFS" has been very fortunate. They were able to get a few shipments in but the owner is getting concerned. I visited by appointment this past Thursday and she suspects it to get much worse.

However I scored some new beauties for my tank and she has 4 more in quarantine for me yet. So I guess it is what you are looking for.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My "LFS" has been very fortunate. They were able to get a few shipments in but the owner is getting concerned. I visited by appointment this past Thursday and she suspects it to get much worse.

However I scored some new beauties for my tank and she has 4 more in quarantine for me yet. So I guess it is what you are looking for.
I ordered some designer clowns from my LFS. He has a local breeder he gets clowns from. But even that guy is running low on stock. So it’s just a big trickle down. im in the process of going from 36g to 90g. I’m gonna buy more CUC this week but that’s about it for new critters to my tank

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has said that basically the only thing of anything he can get in is aquaculture. Plenty of corals but fish have been almost nonexistent.
On the bright side, taking a break from wild collecting should produce a surplus on natural reefs that when it reopens we should have a lot of options. Glass half full here.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back