LFS fish prices in 2026

  • Thread starter Thread starter Naso180!
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Naso180!

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Messages
437
Reaction score
509
Location
Tallahassee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 5 tanks of various sizes as well as maintain about 10 client tanks in town. My LFS has been there for years and I totally want to buy through them. However the prices of fish since the new year has nearly doubled there. I see increases online but not nearly as much. Im curious to see if yall are seeing a similar increase in your LFS ? Its getting to be to the point I may just start ordering all my fish online which I dont want to do. Qt,stress, space, ect. But my clients are beginning to hesitate on purchasing. This in turn hurts me as well. No I dont get wholesale pricing. Thoughts? Is this isolated to my area? Thanks all.
 
I like my LFS too, and their prices have certainly increased (but what hasn’t of late)?

I buy what I can from them, but I order most of my fish and corals through Quality Marine. They do a terrific job. Like you I have some aquarium maintenance clients, so I can order through the wholesaler.
 
I like my LFS too, and their prices have certainly increased (but what hasn’t of late)?

I buy what I can from them, but I order most of my fish and corals through Quality Marine. They do a terrific job. Like you I have some aquarium maintenance clients, so I can order through the wholesaler.
you're able to order through quality marine?
 
you're able to order through quality marine?
Yep. You need an account with them. To get one you’ll need to produce documentation that you have an actual business. Typically they require a state issued sales tax license.
 
Yep. You need an account with them. To get one you’ll need to produce documentation that you have an actual business. Typically they require a state issued sales tax license.
Like any kind of business? My wife has a real estate business. Wonder if I could use that?

Tell em we sell houses and fish ;)
 
Like any kind of business? My wife has a real estate business. Wonder if I could use that?

Tell em we sell houses and fish ;)

I mean technically a fish tank is real estate for fish
 
Often an LFS near me runs a buy-2-get-one-free sale on fish. I'm rarely looking for 3 fish at a time, but I guess that's something nowadays. 🤷🏼‍♂️
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new