Lifegard 4.1 pico tank

DesktopReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found one :)

Anyway, water mixed for today's water change. About to go do a scrub down. Probably no fresh photos today, but usually looks pristine next day.
Would you mind sharing a link to your AWC that you got? I’ve got a Pico myself and while I am religious about my water changes and it doesn’t take long, I’m a serious tinkerer and would love to get something like that set up.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind sharing a link to your AWC that you got? I’ve got a Pico myself and while I am religious about my water changes and it doesn’t take long, I’m a serious tinkerer and would love to get something like that set up.

A diy one can be had for cheap. Digital timer,2 small pumps (even cheap usb ones from amazon) and 2 small buckets will work perfect.

I had one made,2 aqualifters a digital timer and 2 5g buckets.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the autoaqua smart duo thingy. Looks like it's back in stock most places. I went through aquacave at the time but saltwateraquarium literally sent me an in stock alert the next day.

I thought about making one, but I wasn't techy enough to figure out how to bypass the ato when performing the water changes on my own (aside from timers perhaps, but I can see that going horribly awry with my luck). Plus I had a plan for the other ato anyway so it didn't leave me with extra devices.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20220501_142644872.jpg

Hermit knocked him from where I wanted him, luckily he did not land inside the mini maxi. But look at them little tiny bubbles

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there. I've been researching equipment for my next tank and have a few questions....

1. did you end up using the reef breeders pico light? if so, how do you like it? I tried to nail down which one you were using on the earlier posts but didn't really see it in action.
2. which heater are you using? the back chambers look pretty small in this tank so I was stumped on which heater works best in there, and where do you have yours placed?
3. back chambers... are you using a media basket or what's going on in the back? wondering how the layout and function of such small back chambers look like.

I love the footprint of this tank, and certainly want to get one up and running, with my mtc having the crack in it, I'd like to keep a small tank going and really love this 'lil one.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there. I've been researching equipment for my next tank and have a few questions....

1. did you end up using the reef breeders pico light? if so, how do you like it? I tried to nail down which one you were using on the earlier posts but didn't really see it in action.
2. which heater are you using? the back chambers look pretty small in this tank so I was stumped on which heater works best in there, and where do you have yours placed?
3. back chambers... are you using a media basket or what's going on in the back? wondering how the layout and function of such small back chambers look like.

I love the footprint of this tank, and certainly want to get one up and running, with my mtc having the crack in it, I'd like to keep a small tank going and really love this 'lil one.
1. Yes, though they've updated the light since then. I still use the original one.
2. No heater, FL + equipment keeps the water in the high 70s consistently.
3. There's an opening on the left side by the filtration, I keep sponge/filter floss over here. Next to that barrier I have a custom made basket that holds biomedia. Next to that is a mini oxydator, then the return pump (which I upgraded from the stock option)

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice . I forget the climate is so different there, we're still using heat at night here.

I like the reef breeders light so I'll definitely go with that one, and research continues on the heater :) thanks bunches

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice . I forget the climate is so different there, we're still using heat at night here.

I like the reef breeders light so I'll definitely go with that one, and research continues on the heater :) thanks bunches
We might have used heat for one week the last year.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back